2. Myelogenous leukemia anticipates that the client will have abnormalities of?
3. Hematopoietic growth factors recombinant proteins used to fight what diseases?
Med administration 3
1.The proper needle length when giving an intramuscular injection in the ventrogluteal area
to an average-sized adult is which?
1 inch needle
2. a nurse is preparing to administer an intradermal injection. Which of the following shou
Urinary catheter Care
1. Most urinary catheterizations are temporary because of the increased risk of adverse events
with prolonged catheterization.
2. Require order
3. for patients who are unable to void or need constant monitoring of fluid status.
can deliver food and medicine directly to the stomach or remove substances from it.
Patients most likely to need an NG tube include:
patients with neck or facial injuries, or recent surgeries
patients breathing with the
1. Nurse care for who cyanotic, with res rate 28/mins. Nurse determines that P has
impaired gas exchange during what phase of process?
o Diagnosis. Impaired gas exchange
2. what assessment finding indicated an adverse effect of oxygen thera
1.Enema: introduction of fluid into the rectum and sigmoid colon that promotes defecation by
stretching bowel wall which stimulates peristalsis
The most common reason for administering an enema is to relieve constipation, expel
flatus, to empty the
Med Administration 2
1.A patient is to receive his daily isoniazid (INH) dosage for tuberculosis. He states he is
feeling nauseated with this medication and refuses to take it. The nurse knows that the
correct way to indicate this refusal is to?
Andies Tavern Questions
1) What problem do you think Maggie Symes has?
I think Maggie has COPD.
What information from her presenting data leads you to this conclusion?
(1) Maggies post-Albuterol FEV1 is 58.9% of the predicted value.
(2) Maggies post-Alb
Chapter 17: Surgical Care
1. A postoperative patient is complaining of incisional pain. An order has
been given for morphine every 4 to 6 hours PRN. The first assessment by
the nurse should be to:
assess for the presence of bowel
1.pressure ulcers stage 1.What nurse apply to the ulcer?
2.a patient heavily draining wound that continue to show evidence of bleeding. What
type of dressing help promote hemostasis?
Alginate dressings help establish hemostasis while providing
Chapter 09: Energy Supply and Fitness
1. The fuel for all body processes that traps energy released from food is (are)
b. acetyl coenzyme A.
d. adenosine triphosphate.
The body catabol
Chapter 08: Water and Minerals
1. If a woman who drinks a cup of decaffeinated coffee in the morning, a cup of fruit juice with
lunch, 6 cups of water throughout the day and a cup of tea at bedtime, her fluid intake would
Chapter 06: Protein
1. Protein is needed by the body because it provides
c. fatty acids.
d. amino acids.
The body needs protein because it provides amino acids, needed to make all the proteins in th
Chapter 07: Vitamins
1. A secondary deficiency of a vitamin occurs when
a. dietary intake of two or more vitamins is inadequate.
b. absorption is inadequate or excessive amounts are excreted.
c. dietary intake is less than the ph
Chapter 05: Fats
1. The nutrient that provides the densest energy source is
Fat provides the densest energy source. Fat provides 9 kcal/g; protein and carbohydrate each
Chapter 04: Carbohydrates
1. Plants use carbon dioxide, water, and the suns energy in the process of photosynthesis to
Plants synthesize carbohydrate via photosyn
Chapter 03: Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism
1. Peristalsis is necessary to make it possible for people to _ food.
d. smell and taste
Peristalsis makes swallowing possible as involuntary m
Chapter 02: Personal and Community Nutrition
1. The type of influence that a desire for sweet and salty flavored foods has on food preferences
A preference for s
Chapter 12: Life Span Health Promotion: Childhood and Adolescence
1. In feeding children, adults are responsible for determining
a. childrens likes and dislikes.
b. the amount of food consumed.
c. the quantity and quality of food
Chapter 01: Wellness Nutrition
1. Informal education includes education experiences that occur through daily activities, such as
a. attending a workshop on coronary artery disease sponsored by the American Heart