BIO 197 * We aren't endorsed by this school

BIO 197 Biology

  • Average Course Rating (from 2 Students)

    4.0/5
    Overall Rating Breakdown
    • 2 Advice
    • 5
      0%
    • 4
      100%
    • 3
      0%
    • 2
      0%
    • 1
      0%
  • Course Difficulty Rating

    • Easy 0%

    • Medium 50%

    • Hard 50%

  • Top Course Tags

    Always Do the Reading

    Go to Office Hours

    Great Intro to the Subject

* We aren't endorsed by this school

Biology Questions & Answers

Biology Flashcards

Biology Advice

Biology Documents

Showing 1 to 30 of 32

Sort by:
{[$select.selected.label]}

Recent Documents


Biology Questions & Answers


Biology Advice

Showing 1 to 2 of 2

View all
    • Profile picture
    Nov 10, 2016
    | Would recommend.

    This class was tough.

    Course Overview:

    I would recommend this class because I think I definitely have gained a lot of knowledge. The course was difficult, but studying does make a difference. I have learned that putting in the time and effort will pay off in the end.

    Course highlights:

    I think the highlights of this class would be learning about how the animals have developed over time and how everything works in their bodies. I think it was very interesting to see how everything works inside of the organism and see what goes on inside the reproduction process.

    Hours per week:

    12+ hours

    Advice for students:

    I would definitely recommend this course because it is a required class for science majors. The class does entail a lot of memorization and time. Each test is a compilation of a variety of different chapters, so going through the textbook and studying before the test is a good idea. Flashcards or any device used to aid with memorizing the different vocabulary words are helpful. While the study guides can be useful, I find it easier to go back through the lecture slides and textbook to see what we have learned in class.

    • Fall 2016
    • LloydStark
    • Yes
    • Go to Office Hours Always Do the Reading Meetings Outside of Class
    • Profile picture
    Oct 01, 2016
    | Would recommend.

    Not too easy. Not too difficult.

    Course Overview:

    I would recommend this class because the professor, Dale Devitt, is an awesome instructor.. He is not strict and can really assist you during his office hours if you really need the help.

    Course highlights:

    For the first exam in BIO 197, we mainly studied the concepts of evolution, genes, the history of Earth, and much more.

    Hours per week:

    6-8 hours

    Advice for students:

    In Devitt's class, it is a must that you study his powerpoints thoroughly and pay attention to what he says during lectures. 70% of questions on exams are directly from the powerpoint while the other 30% are from what he actually says in class.

    • Fall 2016
    • DaleDevitt
    • Yes
    • Great Intro to the Subject Go to Office Hours Always Do the Reading


Related Courses

Ask a homework question - tutors are online