ASTRONOMY 103- EXAM THREE STUDY GUIDE
1) Which of the following planets has the least substantial atmosphere? Mercury
2) What are greenhouse gases? Gases that absorb infrared light
3) Which of the following gases absorbs ultraviolet light best? Ozone
1) If a material is highly opaque, then it absorbs most light.
2) Everything looks red through a red filter because the filter transmits red light and
absorbs other colors.
3) The wavelength of a wave is the distan
astronomy course -
the solar system.
We have covered chapters
1, 2, 3, 4 and S1.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Consult your notes and
the notes posted on