Sheldon Pope & Brandon Pezzuto Chem 404 section 7 4-3-08 Acids, Bases, and pH
Module 1 Acid Strength 1. There is no relationship between pH and conductivity. A substance with low conductivity of 49 s a pH of 5.7 and a liquid with conductivity of 430
Sheldon Pope & Brandon Pezzuto Chem 404 section 7 2-28-08 Equilibrium Lab 1. a. Mg(S) + 2HCl(Aq) MgCl2(Aq) + H2(G) b. When HCl was added the limiting reagent was the HCl(aq). c. See appendix A for molecular diagrams 1 and 2. d. Diagram 1 is the firs
Sheldon Pope Brandon Pezzuto Why Do Things Smell? Chem 404 Lab Section 7
Introduction: This lab is meant to teach how the structures of molecules affect the way our nose perceives them. This lab discovers the essential reason why certain ite
9. Our unknown solution was unknown #8.
10. The determined concentration of our unknown solution obtained from the graph was
0.105 mol/L, however, the calculated value came to be 0.108 mol/L.
9. The experimental data of this experiment was obtained by using the ideal gas law. Setting
the number of moles on one side with (Pressure)*(Volume) / (0.08206)*(Temperature).
Using this setup for tr
5. Through an examination of each of the four types of glassware in the class measurements
data section, it is evident that the beaker is definitively the least precise followed by the
7. Chemical compounds exhibit similar properties to the elements that are in the
compound. Based on the experiment performed in class, this statement is not true. The
chemical reactions changed
a. A fluorescent lamp or fluorescent tube is a gas-discharge lamp that uses electricity to
excite mercury vapor. Which means mercury is present in the fluorescent bulb,
explaining why these bulbs m
9. A) Unknown compound #2 = AlCl3 or Aluminum (III) Chloride.
This is because the table of reactions shows evidence that the same reactions occurred
throughout. For example when AlCl3 reacted w
Mass of 250 mL Erlenmeyer flask
Mass of water
Mass of methanol + burner before burning
Mass of methanol + burner after burning
Mass of methanol burned
Initial water temperature
Final water temperatu
Class Notes, Kinetics
Cfb, Chem404, smr15
MEASURING REACTIONS RATES
Propose elementary step
Rate Law for that step
Propose set of linked elementary steps (mechanism)
Combine rate laws mathematically
Lab section 03
5. a.) This is useful because it shows that energy is released when a bond is formed and
also shows that it requires energy to break a bond.
b.) It does not accurately represent the ro
Sheldon Pope & Brandon Pezzuto Chem 404 section 7 4-17-08 Weak Acid Titration Experiment 1: 1. Bromocresol green is a good choice of indicator because it indicates acid, base or neutral solution. When a solution with a pKa of less than 5.0 is exposed
Sheldon Pope & Brandon Pezzuto Chem 404 section 7 3-27-08 Equilibrium Constant Lab
1. See Appendix A; graph 1 for the calibration data graph. 2. See Appendix A for Data Table 1.
3. See Appendix A; graph 2 for the graph of the absorbance. The concent
Michelle Chuckran, Alex Boeri, Sheldon Pope, & Brandon Pezzuto Chem 404 section 7 Polymer Consultant Lab 2-28-08 A. 1. Two different notations of the Kevlar polymer drawn on attached sheet of paper. 2. Electron dot diagrams for the monomers attached.
Sheldon Pope Brandon Pezzuto Polymers Lab Chem 404 Lab Section 7
1. a. The purpose of this lab is to learn about the properties of polymers and the role cross linking plays on the viscosity of the polymer during synthesis. Also the purpose
Updated Dec 2015
How to study for the final
Dont wait to review. Start now and work in smaller bites.
Dont redo review and elaborate (do differently).
Dont cover everything equally identify weak areas and put more attention there.
Give more attention