1. Define local area network.
-A local area network (LAN) is a group of computers and associated devices that
share a common communications line or wireless link to a server. Typically, a
LAN encompasses computers and periphe
1. Describe the three types of data flows.
- Circuits can be designed to permit data to flow in one direction or in both directions.
There are three ways to transmit: simplex, half-duplex, and full duplex. Simplex is oneway t
1. What does the data link layer do?
-The Data link Layer accepts messages from the network layer and controls the hardware
that actually transmits them. It is responsible for getting a message from one computer to
1. What does the transport layer do?
- The transport layer links application software in the application layer with the network and is
responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the message. The transport layer sits between t
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS and post your document to this assignment.
7. How do local area networks (LANs) differ from metropolitan area networks (MANs),
wide area networks (WANs), and back-bone networks (BNs)? Or, do they really?
1. What are the different types of application architectures? What is difference
between an architecture and an implementation?
- between architecture and an implementation?
-The different types of application architectures a