Click on the busts of Vergil in the lesson to find the answer each question.
1. Where and when was Vergil born?
in a region called Andes, on the 15th October in 70 BCE.
2. What is on Vergil's tombstone?
Mantua gave birth to me, the Calabrians
7.13 Third Passive
Type your answer below each question.
1. What ending is strange, or at least different, in the Passive Present
Tense for Third Conjugation?
1st person singular
2. What person and number appear to be the same in the Present Tense
Please answer the following questions using Lesson page 1.06, save to
your computer, and submit to your teacher through Assessments.
1. Many Latin words closely resemble English words that you already
know. Can you guess what the following words mea
Work File 01.07
Please answer the questions below.
Agricola puellam amat.
The farmer loves the girl.
1. What Latin ending in the sentence above represents the SUBJECT?
Puella agricolam amat.
The girl loves the farmer.
2. What Latin ending in the sente
Work File 01.12
Translate the following into Latin. Watch the noun endings. The subject must
agree with the verb in number.
1. I am a farmer.
2. We are poets.
3. The water is in the sea (in the sea = in mari).
Aquae est in mari
Work File 01.14
Directions: Type your translation in the space under each sentence. Remember
that you can use the course dictionary by going to Lessons and clicking on
1. In Italia, sunt (there are) multae (many) viae.
In Italy, the
7.12 Discorvering Troy
Complete the Webquest below to learn about Troy and the Trojan War. In
the lesson, click on the Trojan Horse next to the question to connect to
Weblinks that will assist you.
1. Troy was located in what is now modern _Turkey_.
Work File 01.15
Start your tour of ancient Rome with a Map of the Roman
Your first stop is the arch at the front of the map. This is
the Arch of
Septimius Servus. The name of Geta was erased from this
Scroll to the bottom of the
7.15 Book 1
Read the English introduction first and fill in the blanks for paragraphs 2 and 3. You
may use more than one word to fill in a blank. Be sure to type your answers in all
CAPITAL LETTERS. When you have finished, save your file in your Latin fol
03.08 Work File
Type your translation below each paragraph.
Sum servus quod* Romani meam (my) patriam occupabant. In proeliis cum
Romanis non pugnabam. Mea patria erat Graecia*, et nunc mea familia in
Graecia habitat. Mox mea familia ad Italiam nav