First Week Welcome Assignment
August 24th, 2016
Indicate that you have read the syllabus thoroughly, and include any questions you have
after reading it. Also, do you have any other questions for me?
List three course goals and how
September 7, 2017
Chapter 3 discussed the historical aspects of the sport business industry. The
developmental period started in the later 19th century and involved issues of urban population
growth, consumer demands, mode
A motor neuron and all of the muscle fibers
Junction between a motor neuron (nerve
cell) and the muscle fibers it innervat
September 3, 2017
For most people, they picture sports as a fun time, but for some people it is known as
work, a means of employment, or a business. A sport may include many people, two people, or
even one person.
M211 - Concussions in Sport
1. In the article High School Football Players Face Bigger Concussion Risk Jason
Breslow starts off with the point that high school football players are nearly twice as
likely to sustain a concussion as their coll
1. Organizational culture is a set of shared values that control how members of organizations
interact with each other and how the members interact with people outside the organization.
2. Nike's employees are committed to making and innovating products t
M211 - Racial and Gender Report Card
1. The Racial and Gender Report Card shows that the NCAA is improving slightly in just
about every category. Although the numbers are improving The Institute for Diversity and
Ethnicity in Sport is mainly
M211 Final Exam Notes
All key terms
Sport management and marketing agency: a business that acts on behalf of a sport entity
involved in the sport industry
What are some examples of sport agencies?
Full service - IMG
Specialty - Millsport
6 June 2016
1. I have read over the syllabus thoroughly
Will the assignments, quizzes, and exams be timed from the time you start them?
2. My goal is to complete every assignment on time to the best of my ability.
My goal is to do whate
Ch. 1- Managing Sport
Defining Sport and Sport Management
In 2013 the U.S. government officially recognized video gamers as individual athletes
Nature and Scope of the Sport Industry
Types of Sport:
Traditional Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Foo
M211 - Managing and Leading Assignment
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) league was just sold for a record four billion
dollars. This sale was just about twice the amount of the next closest deal for a sports franchise.
M211 - Youth Sport Assignment
1. My parents were the most involved in my youth sport career but my friends parents also
played a role in helping me get to and from practices.
2. I dont remember ever being influenced to play youth sports by a
19 September 2016
Nike Corporate Culture Assignment
1. An Organizational Culture is a Set of shared values and norms that controls organizational
members' interactions with each other and with people outside of the organization. The
Bone, Muscle, and
Connective Tissue Adaptation
to Physical Activity
Brian Conroy and Roger W. Earle
Adaptation of bone to exercise
Adaptation of muscle to exercise
Adaptation of connective tissue to exercise
Bone Modeling in Resp