Chapter 12 Quiz
1. Coal, oil, and natural gas are _ sources of energy.
d. oil sands
2. Long after nuclear fuel can produce enough heat to be useful in a power plant, it continues to
emit radioactivity ca
Chapter 13 Quiz
1. _ captures the power of wind to produce electricity.
a. Wind energy
c. Water impoundment
d. Smart grid
2. A major disadvantage of photovoltaic solar cells is:
a. they produce almost free elect
Chapter 14 Quiz
1. _ are large, human-made ponds lined with rubber to prevent the manure from
leaking into the groundwater.
a. Cultural eutrophication
b. Fecal coliform bacteria
c. Manure lagoons
d. Noise pollution
2. What is being done to red
Chapter 15 Quiz
1. Particulate matter is reduced by _
a. baghouse filters
b. electrostatic precipitators.
d. all of the above.
2. The definition of air pollution _
a. continues to change rapidly.
b. has not changed sin
Chapter 16 Quiz
1. _is an important systems tool that looks at the materials used and released
throughout the lifetime of a product-from the procurement of raw materials through their
manufacture, use, and disposal.
a. Life-cycle analysis
Chapter 19 Quiz
1. The greater the concentration of greenhouse gases, the _ infrared radiation is
absorbed and emitted back toward Earth.
d. none of the above
2. Rising sea levels are an example of _.