1. Define the circular economy and some of its key principles. Provide two
examples of companies that apply these principles.
The circular economy is a term for a nations economy that produces no waste nor pollution
through designing their material flows
1. Read and summarize Chapter 14.
3. Using the GonConqr.com tool and the mind map tutorial from the resources list, create a mind
map for the sustainability initiatives for the company you are researching for the case study
research project. Using the How
Dock7 Materials Group
Ted Kaiser introduced us to his company Dock7 Materials Group and explained how
recycling works and what are its benefits. His company is a global import and export
business that deals with all kinds of waste such as plastic scrap, e
Farm day at the Liberty Hall Farm at Kean University
Groundwork Elizabeth is the organization that founds the Liberty Hall Farm at Kean
University since 2014. The organization was founded in 1979 in England and engages
the public and pri
1. Explain how humans have altered the climate of the planet. What are the impacts of
2. What do we mean by social inequality? How do we measure it? What are the impacts of
3. Explain the principles for the Triple Bottom line.
Summary of Years Of Living Dangerously episode 1
Nasa has a super computing facility in northern California that analyses the aggregate
data collected from air samples. The facility is focusing on plant growth, droughts, and modeling
the affects going on
The Circular Economy of IKEA
Ikea has the goal of having 50% of the non-renewable materials to be sourced from recycled
sources. The company is generating some of these recycled materials themselves by making it easily
available for customers to recycle t
1. Read the lecture notes for Unit 4.
2. Read and summarize the two articles posted in Unit 4. Make sure you clearly articulate
the main research findings for each article.
3. The in-class seminar for this unit requires that you apply the ide
The Show Years of living dangerously shows how people and nature is suffering
from severe droughts in the southwest of the United States. It explains how people in
different areas understand and cope with the droughts in totally different ways,
Unit 5 Assignment
1. Read the lecture notes for Unit 5. View the videos on the PowerPoint and summarize at
least two of them.
2. Read and summarize the two chapters (9 and 10) from Unit 5. Make sure you clearly
articulate the main points from the