- Dr. Smith under ideal conditions, the Intoxilyzer 8000 gives good
readings of breath alcohol content, right? (K)
- You would trust those readings? (K)
- And youd call them accurate? (K)
- But youd agree with me that there are certain things that can
1. Please state your name and spell the last for the record.
a. Its Mr. Leslie Roman thats R-O-M-A-N
2. And what do you do for a living Mr. Roman?
a. I work in the field of accident reconstruction. Ive been doing
that for nearly 10 years now.
3. Mr. Roman
Cross of Sam Lyons
Mr. Lyons, you know the defendant pretty well, dont you?
Hes taken rides from you many times before? (19)
In fact, youd even describe him as one of your frequent flyers?
And the defendant always tips you well, isnt that right? (23)
Defense Cross: Pat Lawrence
Miss Lawrence, I want to put your testimony in context
(100) Just for clarification, you no longer work for Chuggies do you?
(100) You worked a total of one shift?
(106) You wrote to the State prosecutor?
This was a particularly busy night at Chuggies?
There was a band playing? (17)
Lots of people were there?
Danny's table wasn't the only table you were waiting on? (22)
You were taking peoples orders?
You were running back and forth between
Direct Examination of Taylor Hopson
Please state your name and spell your last for the record.
Taylor Hopson, H O P S O N
Could you tell us a little about yourself?
-Senior at MCU
-Was going to law school until this
-Going to CA to get away from this plac
Defense Cross: Ryan Foster
Officer Foster I want to add some context to your testimony.
(none) You have serious ties to this countys prosecutor, dont you?
(36) On the night of the accident, you witnessed a car swerving?
(none) This was before the ac
Cullen, you weren't on canyon road that night were you?
You didn't see how this accident unfolded
You didn't see how Danny was driving
You didn't see what he had to drink
You can't tell us anything about what happened before Danny
Dawson before he was tak
Mr(s) Cullen, I'd like to talk to you about your stay behind bars.
You were in a holding cell that night? (59)
You shared that cell with Ms Dawson, didn't you? (106-107)
You saw Ms Dawson hit her head? (117)
You saw Ms Dawson smack her head on the bunk? (
Youve lived on Canyon Road your whole life. (2)
Youd say its a dangerous road. (11)
Really dangerous? (12)
Youve seen people crash on the road before. (15)
Youve tried to get the guardrail extended. (18)
And the speed limit lowered. (19)