1. Time has costs and impacts managed and measured with scheduling and cost management.
True. Time is measured and managed directly with scheduling, and the direct cost impact is
measured with cost management.
2. The time impacts of indirect costs are
3.4 A consultant has estimated that the demand (D) for a particular product can be approximated by the
following equation for prices between $200 and $800:
The supply (S) for this product can be estimated as follows:
S=500+ 0.5 P
a. What will be t
CE610 Construction Management HW-1
Review Questions (True or False)
1. The contract value of the designer, construction managers, subcontractors, material supplies,
finance companies, and testing agencies together equals about 10% of U.S
1. The contract values of the designers, construction managers, subcontractors, material suppliers,
finance companies, and testing agencies together equals about 10% of U.S. economy.
False. The construction indust
1. Contract document accuracy is highly important. Spelling, punctuation, dates and names can
all determine winners and losers in later disputes.
True. Contracts document precise agreements, so the contract and all documentation leading up to
1.7 Laws, Regulations, Codes, and Standards
1. Laws by legislatures, regulations by unelected government staff, codes by national coderelated organizations, and standards by trade organizations all establish the regulatory
framework for construction proje
CE610 Construction Management
1. List the Four (4) definitions of prior negative experience.
1) The bidder has been found, through either court adjudication, arbitration, mediation, or other
contractually stipulated alternate dispute resol
Bidding and Negotiations
Now that the Plans and Specifications are complete and all of the
regulatory permits and easements have been obtained, the project is
ready to go out to bid.
At this point the Construction Manag
Part 1: Time and Material change
Public vs Private
The cost of materials is based on upon the invoices.
During the First Part of Lecture, we discussed the Matrix that used to
evaluate the bids. One of the items t
Part 1: Shop Drawings
Shop Drawings show in detail the proposed fabrication or assembly of
project components. They are also used to indicate the installation, form
and fit of equipment being incorporated into the projec
Bidding and Negotiations for Natural Gas Pipeline Projects
Natural gas production in the United States is booming from hydraulic
Schedule is everything in gas pipeline project.
The project schedu
Design Report/Technical Memorandum
List Required Permits
Public Clients will have a very structured
Chapter 1 & 2 HW
Westmore C. Bowman
1. What are some concerns of a Residential Project Representative or an inspector with respect to
his or her project during construction?
a. To make sure to be at the site during key times durin
4.15 What are eight of the safety prevention measures that might be used to prevent
Hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, and safety shoes should be worn by all workers
All jobsite personnel should know workers who have ha
5.5 What do owners need to know about implementing a productivity improvement
The owner needs to know alternative work processes and information on how profits, safety,
and productivity will be enhanced if the recommendations in the stu
Table 8-1. Pick three subjects and explain how they help to eliminate distractions.
1. Have only relevant people attend meetings
Holding meetings in construction can distract managers from focusing on fieldwork and
field operations. While meetin
7.7 In Case Study 2, what were the recommendations for improving productivity that
resulted from the crew balance chart analysis?
The responsibilities of Worker 3 could have been performed by the forklift operator, except it
would require that t
1. Order of magnitude estimates are needed to initiate planned project. Identical methods are
used to estimate costs and to estimate time.
False. Order of magnitude estimates are needed to initiate and plan the project, but these order of
1. Insurance costs can be greater than project profit, and preclude contractors from securing
needed projects or even forcing them out of business.
True. Insurance is a large portion of project cost than profit. This large insurance cost is variable a
1. The construction managers cash flow and financing cost of this cash flow can exceed project
False. Poor cash flow management and the resulting high finance costs is a common cause of
construction firm bankruptcy and failure.
2. The future value
Project Life Cycle
Personally there is nothing more rewarding than thinking a project
from a basic concept, through design and actually witnessing the
project commissioned and put into operation.
As Engineers, Architect
The new industrial/treatment process or equipment has been installed,
certified and tested it now has to be commissioned.
The Owner personal have to be trained and the equipment has to inte
New Jersey Institute of Technology
CE 610 Construction Management
Local Public Contracts Law
Read Pages 1 through 10 up to Section 40A:11-4.6, Pages 15 through 19 up to 40A:11-5.1, Pages 20
from 40A:11-6 to 21 up