SC 103 Nutrition
PCCC Office: 973-684-6427,
Study Vocabulary and Terminology
Six Classes of Nutrients
Super Food Tracker Profile
Nutrients with energy (calories)
Definition of Organic Food
Definition of Calorie
Chapter 2 Study Questions
1. How would you explain the concepts of nutrient density and energy density to a fourth
Calories give us energy. We need just enough calories to help us stay healthy, learn, and
play. If we have too many
Chapter 1 Study Questions
1. Describe the process that controls hunger and satiety in the body. List other factors
that influence our food choices.
Answer: Hunger is a physiological drive to eat and is controlled by your bodies
Protein Denaturation lab
Objective: To experiment with different methods of denaturing the protein found in
egg white (albumin) .
Stove or Hot Plate
(2) 400 ml beaker- or a pot for boiling water
4 Plastic Cups and 3 Spoons
The immune system is one of the most important tools the body has. The immune system is
what defends a persons body from bacteria, toxins, and other things such as cancer cells. It is a network
of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to
1. Preserving the flavor of the pork and cooking it at 140 degrees; serving canned foods with
dents; leftovers reheated were heated at 135 degrees; removing moldy portions and serving
them; temperature of the refrigerator was 45 degrees. These are the
Nature Made Vitamin D has had a lot of positive reviews. It averages a rating of 4 stars
and its advertisements are not misleading. According to labdoor.com, nature made is #5
out of 20 for quality, #2 out of 20 for value, and an A as its overall g
Record your weight in pounds: 169lb
Record your high in inches: 70
Waist circumference: 31inch
Does my BMI exceed 25 (or 30)?
Does my waist circumference exceed the standard for your gender?
Do you feel you
25 February 2016
Chapter 1 Review Question #3, 4,5,6,7 & 11
3. Name the three basic kinds of economic systems and explain how they differ.
The three basic kind of economic systems are the rulers decide
03 February 2013
Chapter 1 Review Questions
1. What information made Rachel Carson concerned about chemical pollution?
a. The information that made Rachel Carson concerned chemical pollution was the
05 April 2016
Chapter 10 Review Questions (1-3)
1. What are the lessons to be learned from chinas water hardships?
a. The lessons that were learned from chinas water hardships was to address the
11 February 2016
Review Questions #7-12
7. Cite some reasons for the existence of controversies within science, and carefully distinguish
between sound science and junk science.
a. Some reasons for the