How is the product positioned?
What are the distinguishing attributes of the product
(features and benefits)?
Describe the product line and product mix strategies
What are the branding and packaging strategies
Chap 12 1 8 12
1. What is integrated marketing communication? What are multichannel
promotional strategies? Why is word-of-mouth communication so important?
Integrated marketing communication (IMC) is a strategic business process
Chapter 7 Journal
1. Segmentation: I believe that this will be on the midterm because it is a distinction
in the group that you are focusing on. You can segment your product by age, gender,
income, and so much more.
4. What is utility? How does marketing create different forms of utility?
Utility refers to the sum of the benefits we receive when we use a good or
service. Marketing creates 4 different types of ut
Chapter 5 Journal
The Consumer decision making process: I think that this will be on the exam
because it is a very important process that can greatly affect the way a
company advertises or alters their product.
Influence on Co
Chapter 7 Questions
1. What is market segmentation, and why is it important strategy in todays
Marketing Segmentation is the process of dividing a larger market into
smaller pieces based on one or more mea
4. How are products managed during different stages of the product life cycle?
The product life cycle is a useful way to explain how the markets response
to a product and marketing activities change over the life of a product
Chapter 3 Journal
1. Competitive Advantage: I believe this will be on the exam because it is one of
the most important parts of marketing. Without a competitive advantage
your arent going to make much profit. A competitive advant
Chapter 15 journal
1. Supply chain I feel this will be on the exam because it is important to
understand how the businesses get the raw materials to create their product
2. Distribution channels it is important to understand the w
Chapter 3 Questions
1. The Economic Environment
Population size & growth
Level of economic development
The Political / Legal Environment
Human Rights issues
Chapter 8 Questions
1. What is the difference between the core product, the actual product, and the
The core product consists of all the benefits the product will provide for
consumers or business customers. The actual p
Chapter 15 2&8
2. What is supply chain, and how is it different from a channel of distribution?
Supply chain is all the activities necessary to turn raw materials into a good
or service and put it in the hands of the consumer or business c
Chapter 5 Homework
1. What is consumer behavior? Why is it important for marketers to understand
Consumer behavior is the process involved when individuals or groups select,
purchase, use, and dispose of goods, services,
Chapter 11 Journal
1. The Future of Services I feel this will be on the exam because it is the 4
things that are going to shape the future of marketing
2. Pricing Strategies I feel they will be on the exam because it is good to