1. There are different ways to segment a consumer market. There are four different
segmentations: demographic, geographic, psychographic, and behavioral. A demographic
segmentation refers to dividing the market based on peoples ages, incomes, ethnicitys,
Integrative Business Software Tools
Four Degrees of Competition
The 4 degrees of competition are monopoly, oligopoly, monopolistic competition,
and pure competition. Monopoly is when one person dominates the industry, having total
control, leaving no room
1) List the key factors operation managers consider when deciding to locate a facility and
give an example of a specific consideration that would be important in each case.
2) Think about your own recent encounters with service provid
1) What are the characteristics of effective leaders? What leadership style do most
effective leaders use?
2) Looking ahead, do you believe that job flexibility options - from flextime, to
telecommuting, to job sharing - will continue to grow at American
1) What is the purpose of budgeting? What is the master budget, and what
are its major components? How does a top down budgeting process differ
from a bottom up approach, and what are the advantages and disadvantages
2) Visit the sites of at Lend
1. Sole proprietorship is a business that is owned by a single person. He/she is the owner
and gets all of the profit but is also liable for all losses or debt. General Partnership is
when there are at least two people working together in a business with
1) The pros for exporting are that it represents an opportunity for small and midsized companies, and it allows businesses to make more profit and grow largely.
The cons for exporting is that it can leave businesses exposed to risks and it could
Ch 14 Quiz yourself
1. The general number format is the default number format, which, for the most part,
displays values exactly as they are typed.
2. Dates are right-aligned within a worksheet cell by default because it makes cell
content more readable o
1) Define the concept of planned obsolescence. Is this strategy ethically
unsound? Why or why not?
2) Bill Gates, the world's richest man, is known for having used predatory,
anti-competitive tactics to lead Microsoft to industry domination. Gates