A) Intro to virus world and scale
- difficult to classify: Living or Non-living?
- extremely small (25250 nm)
Obligate parasites metabolically active only inside living cells; no metab. on own
B) Structure of Virion/Virus Particle
First exam simple review.
1. You discover a molecule is hydrophilic. What else do you know about this molecule?
- Hydro = water
- Philic = water loving
- Means the molecule is polar
- The molecule is partially both negative and positive
2. If cola has a p
Biology Recitation Session 8 Part 2
1. Whats the function of a promoter?
2. If an mRNA carries the genes message to the ribosome, why are tRNAs necessary?
3. Complementary base pairing is an essential feature of DNA replication and transcription and trans