Chem 202C, Exam 1
February 19, 2013
Circle all the types of intermolecular forces that exist between CO2 molecules: (2 pts)
I. dispersion forces;
III. hydrogen bonding;
II. dipole-dipole interactions;
IV. ion-dipole interac
1. A steady current was passed through molten CoSO4 until 4.70 g of metallic Co was produced.
Calculate the number of coulombs of electricity that was used. (3 pts)
1.54 x 104 or 15,400 C (Problem 19.51)
2.35 g Co
1 mol Co
2 mol e 96500 C
= 7.70 103 C
Chem 202C, Quiz 4
April 4, 2013
1. Which, if any, of the following processes is spontaneous under the specified conditions?
H2O(l) H2O(s) at 25C
CO2(s) CO2(g) at 0C
2H2O(g) 2H2(g) + O2(g)
C(graphite) C(diamond) at 25C and 1 atm press
Chem 202C, Quiz 3
March 7, 2013
1.Circle the conjugate acid of NH3.
C) NH2- D) NH4
2. Circle the conjugate base of HSO4 in the reaction below.
CO32 + HSO4
HCO3 + SO42
3. What is the [OH-] for a solution at 25C that has [H3O+]
Chem 202C, Quiz 2
February 26, 2013
1. Calculate Kc for the reaction 2HI(g)
H2(g) + I2(g) given that the concentrations of each
species at equilibrium are as follows: [HI] = 0.85 mol/L, [I2] = 0.60 mol/L,
[H2] = 0.27 mol/L.
Kc = [HI] x [I2] / [HI]2
Chem 202C, Quiz 1
January 29, 2013
1. Circle the types of intermolecular forces exist between CH3Cl molecules? (12.11)
a. London dispersion forces;
b. dipole-dipole interactions;
c. hydrogen bonding;
d. ion-dipole interactions
2. Circle the substan
What is the pH of a 0.10 M solution of acetic acid? (Ka = 1.8 x 10-5)
2. The pH of a weak acid solution is 4.52 at 25 C. Calculate Ka for the acid if the initial acid
concentration was 0.019 M.
(4 points) Problem 16.61
[H+] = 10 4.52 = 3.
1. In the following reaction, how is the rate of the change of the concentration of hydrogen
related to the rate of the change in the concentration of water? (Write the reaction rate
expressions as change in concentration/change in time, [A]/t).
Name:_ (52 pts)
1.Which, if any, of the following processes is spontaneous under the specified conditions?
A) H2O(l) H2O(s) at 25C
B) CO2(s) CO2(g) at 0C
C) 2H2O(g) 2H2(g) + O2(g)
D) C(graphite) C(diamond) at 25C and 1 atm pressure
None of these is spo
Chem 202C, Exam 2
March 26, 2013
1. What is the reaction quotient expression for the reaction
H2(g) + CO2(g)
H2O(g) + CO(g)?
(2 points) Qc = [H2O(g)][CO(g)] / ([H2(g)][CO2(g)])
Write the equilibrium constant expressions Kc for the fo