File: chS1, Supplement 1: Operational Decision-Making Tools: Decision Analysis
1. In a decision making situation the events that may occur in the future are known as
states of nature.
Feedback: Decision Analysis
File: ch01, Chapter 1: Operations Management
1. Operations management is concerned only with the day-to-day operations of a firms
Feedback: The Operations Function
2. A warehouse operation is an e
File: ch02, Chapter 2: Quality Management
1. Six Sigma quality is a statistical measure that equates to only 3.4 defects per million.
Feedback: Six Sigma
2. Before Six Sigma, quality levels in the United States we
Discussion: Article #1
How do ethical guidelines in research function?
What is informed consent, and when is it used?
How are ethics reviews conducted and instituted?
What are obstacles to the rendering
Methods and Tools of Psychology PSY 121
Dr. Corcoran Ponisciak
Examination #1 Study Guide
Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 3
Concepts May Include (But are not limited to):
o The steps one takes to form an experiment
Book Review Assignment: Format and Other Information
The assignment to write a book review on a recent book addressing young people in our society
gives you a chance to explore an area in more depth. On the day review papers are due, each
student will bri
RUBRIC FOR SCORING THE BOOK REVIEW (adapted from http:/www.surfturk.com/journalism/bookreviewrubric.html)
Sentences of Paragraphs
conclusion; purpose is
List of Books about Sexuality and Inequalities: Book Review
Bell, Leslie C. 2013. Hard to Get: Twenty-Something Women and the Paradox of
Sexual Freedom. Berkeley: University of California Press.
Acclaimed interview-based study of women in thei
Chapter 13: Saving, Investment, and the Financial System
1. Financial Institutions in the U.S. Economy
Financial Markets- institutions where people who want to save can directly
supply funds to people who want to borrow
o Bond is a certificate of indebted
Upper bound on deposit expanding
Deposit circulates until leaks into reserves
=loan amount x 1/rr
1. Banks hold no excess reserves
2. No leakage into currency holdingsmoney is continuously deposited and
loaned out, not poc