Sample Final Exam
Provide the following definitions! Assume that A, B and C represent sets. (20 points)
1. The number x is rational iff
2. A function f from X to Y is onto iff
3. Let f be a function from X to Y, C a subset of Y.
1. True or false. Let A = cfw_ , cfw_ , cfw_0,cfw_0 , B = cfw_0, cfw_0, cfw_ .
cfw_ A B
cfw_ A B
cfw_0 B P(B)
(0, 0) AxB
( cfw_ , , AxB
2. Let f be a function from X to Y.
Final Exam Study guide
Truth tables of logical connectives, negation of connectives, De Morgans law, negation
of an implication
Argument structure for direct proof, proof by contraposition and proof by contradiction
and why they are valid.
Test 3 Study guide
Chapter 6.1 def. of element pg 7, set builder notation pg 8, def. of subset pg337, distinction
between element and subset of pg 10, the element method of argument, def.set equality,
operations on sets (pg 341), def.A and B are disjoint,