Professor Perry Stio
The Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association,
awards a Caldecott Medal in honor of the nineteenth-century English illustrator Randolph
Caldecott. This award is awarded to the artist o
May 9, 2013
The One Above
Based on the content of Humanitys Search for Morality and Justice, other than the
sense of morality and the desire for justice, the sense of a higher power is the human
February 5, 2013
The luscious and full-grown grass would sway to the call of the wind. The skies would be
unpredictable, and only one could only wish for a climate that would complements agricultural
February 8, 2013
Assignment # 5
What is geography?
How does it shape a citys culture and community?
How did it shape Athenss culture and community?
How are American sports similar to the Greek
February 1, 2013
Assignment # 3
1. Revisit the idea of a belief
2. Do traditions make beliefs or do beliefs make traditions?
3. What are some traditions of the people in Makor?
4. What are some traditions in y
January 29, 2013
Assignment # 2
1. Ask someone to give a brief explanation of what morality, justice and community is
according to last classs discussion.
2. Ask people what religion and culture means to them.
January 25, 2013
Assignment # 1
Pillars of Morality and Justice
The issues of morality and justice are prevalent throughout many sectors of society, such
as the business, government, political, and educational subdivisions of ci
January 29, 2013
Assignment # 2
Founding of Modern Israel
After the horrific events of the holocaust, many of the Jews attempted to seek refuge
wherever they could find it. Despite previous hardships, shelter was now the main co
February 12, 2013
Assignment # 6
The Athenian Experience
The marketplace would be bustling with women and kids shopping for vegetables and
fruits for the forthcoming feast later that day. The elderly would sit around and tell ta
February 15, 2013
1. Who was Edmund Burke?
2. What was the event that inspired the Edmund Burke quote?
3. How do the consequences of Creons behavior relate to Edmund Burkes quote?
4. Do you think
March 22, 2013
1. What is the name of your tribe and what are your duties toward each other? Specifically,
do you guys take responsibilities for each others actions, failures, and successes?
March 26, 2013
1. In Pitch With Purpose, what was the most important attribute that the author felt was
necessary when it came to his profession?
2. How important was it to have discipline in
March 19, 2013
Assignment # 13
1. Describe all the professional endeavors that you have taken on to arrive at the profession
that you currently hold.
2. Do you believe in the right to life, liberty, and the
March 8, 2013
1. What kind of state is Africa in right now?
2. Describe the leaders that are in power in Africa?
3. What do they believe in?
4. What does the general populace believe in?
February 22, 2013
Our Countrys Beliefs
The beliefs in our contemporary society are omnipresent all over the United States of
America. Some of these explicit beliefs are even written down in the Declaration of
February 26, 2013
The Connection to Our History
There are numerous documents and speeches that tell the story of The United States of
America. Our beloved country has gone through both perilous and tranquil times,
March 5, 2013
1. What was the environment in which Creon tried to bury Antigone alive?
2. What prompted Creon to bury Antigone alive?
3. Was Antigone innocent?
4. Did the lynched African-Americ