Written assignment 2
1. Figure 4.12 is a simplified process model of you, in which there are only two
states: sleeping and waking. You make the transition from waking to sleeping
when you are tired, and from sleeping to waking when the alarm cl
3. Describe the programmers role when implementing explicit parallelism.
In explicitly parallelism a large burden I placed on the programmer
to explicitly state which instructions can be executed in parallel.
4. Describe the programmers role when
Written assignment 4, chapter 9 page 314-315, exercises 5,6,7,11,12,19
5. Explain the major advantages and disadvantages of a star topology.
Star topography is a network topology in which multiple network nodes are connected through a single,
Operating systems have become an integral part in defining the user and system interaction. It has
become an interface that enables the end user to efficiently use the functionalities of an operating
system. In this essay I will be discussing three of the
Written assignment 5, chapter 11 page 370 - 371, exercises 1, 2, 3, 5.
1. Give three examples of excellent passwords and explain why each would be a
good choice to protect a system from unauthorized users.
* 3!Gannt has a good mix of alpha numerical and u
WA1 : Balamurugan Rajendiran
1. Name five current operating systems (not mentioned in this chapter) and the
Computers or configurations each operates.
Windows 95 - Pc [x86]
Android - Google phone
Linux - most devices
Mac Os X Macintosh
Windows 7 Pc [ x86