November 12, 2015
Professor Zhang, Ph.D.
Homework Assignment 3
1. (4 points) Identify and define following terms:
a) Foreign exchange market- is a global decentralized market for currency trading.
This includes all phases of buying, selling and ex
FIN4000 Due Time: 11:59pm on Nov 16, 2016
1. (4 points) Suppose the quote on pounds is $1.5821-35/. If you converted $5,000 to pounds
and then back to dollars, how many dollars would you end up with?
For $5,000 you would buy pounds at the pri
Homework assignment 4
Professor Zhang PhD
December 3, 2015
1. (4 points) What are the basic differences between forward and futures contracts? Between
futures and options contracts?
Futures contracts are exchange-traded and consequently makes them standa
Prof. Priya Nagaraj
Answer all questions.
Answer in detail and include graphs where necessary.
Please do not search for the answers on the internet. You will lose points for answers copied from the
1. What are the basic differences between forward and futures contracts? Between futures and
The basic differences between forward and futures contracts are future contracts are
standardized that trade on an organized future market for
1. Identify and define the following terms: foreign exchange market, interbank market, spot
market and forward market.
Foreign exchange market permit transfers of purchasing power denominated in
one currency to another; to trade one currency for another