Study Guide I
Basic A&P I
STUDY GUIDE IA- BASIC PRINCIPLES- DR. DESROCHES 2013
What is biology? What is Life?
Group Activity: Chapter 3 cont.
1. What is the emission spectrum?
2. What was the Bohr model, and what did it describe?
3. What is the equation for the De Broglie Relation? What is the velocity of an electron that
has a de Broglie wavelength approximately
HOME QUIZ- Ap1- Chapter 3. The Cellular Level of Organization A - 50 QUESTIONS PLUS 2
SHORT ESSAYS- ANSWER ON SCANTRON given in class. Additional scantron by my office door SCE
1. What are the three main parts of a eukaryotic cell?
BIO 1120/GEN A & P 1
INSTRUCTIONS FOR:FIRST LECTURE EXAM
Date: Tuesday September 29 ,2015 ( a Monday schedule at WPU)
8 -9:15 AM
( come by 7:45 for extra time )
A- Exam will cover Lectures 1 thru 7 included
B- Review all study questions ( 4
fallAP 1- HOME QUIZ 1- The CHEMISTRY-
Multiple Choice and 2 short essays
On VERY wide SCANTRON
1. What are the major elements found in the body?
a. Nitrogen, oxygen, calcium, sodium
b. Hydrogen, carbon, phosphorus, calcium
c. Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and
STUDY GUIDE 1B- BIOLOGICAL MACROMOLECULES
POLYSACCHARIDES or COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES
Building Block or monomer= simple sugar= carbohydrate = monosaccharide or GLUCOSE
Glucose formula: C6 H12 06
POLYSACCHARIDE= polymer = Chain of monomers= chain of
AP1- BASICI/GENERAL 1
STUDY GUIDE 4
BODY ORGANIZATION/ INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM
1. What are the major cavities in the human body? The Major systems? Name major organs found in each
2. Clinical Imaging techniques; ways to detect problems int
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY I
Study guide 3 -
Dr. Desroches 2013
1. Define histology.
2. What are the major techniques used in histology?
3. What is a tissue? How are cells held together in ONE tissue?
4. What are the four major types of tissues?
Anatomy and Physiology 1- Dr.Desroches 2013
Study guide 2
THE CELL AND ITS FUNCTIONS
Define a Cell. Why is it considered a living thing?
What is a microscope? Function? Light vs Electron miscropes
Draw a typical human (animal) cell: indicat
My mind wanders around the colors,
Of beautiful lilies.
Blue. Pink. Subtle hues.
Lovely lilies on my mind,
Floating through a stream
Nothing changes simplistic
Beauty that helps