How does DNA make an organism?
DNA is transcribed into single stranded messenger RNA
mRNA leaves nucleus and enters cytoplasm
Binds with a special organelle called ribosome
Like a catchers met eats the messenger RNA and makes it a prot
1. I started my tree by choosing the nail because of its simple basic flat head and
thin line for body of nail. It is an early piece of hardware used to connect two things
3. The common ancestor of my tree was the flat head (A) nail. It is a
a. Animal picture (Specimen #1)
b. Hermit crab
c. Pet store in Clovis
d. Hermit crabs have bilateral symmetry
a. Animal picture (Specimen #2)
close up of earth wom
b. Animal name: Earth worm
c. Back yard under a brick
d. Earthworms hav
Specimen #1 Non Vascular plant
a. Picture of # 1
b Common name: Gold Moneywort
c. Found in garden center.
d. There were no sporophyte present
e. This plant tends to be invasive, a small piece of their root can grow into
an entirely new plant.
1. If my biome is placed in sunlight, the green bean seeds will grow 5 inches 10 days, due to
2. If my biome is placed in indirect sunlight, the green bean seeds will only grow 3 inches in 10
because of the lack of sunlight for photos
If the effects of exercise and physical activity are related, then exercising
will create a change in skin color, perspiration level, external body
temperature, heart rate and breathing rate.
Line Graph of heart rate during homeostasis exercise
1. Reactants were the water, sugar, salt and yeast. The product was the release
of the carbon dioxide that inflated balloon.
2. I added the warm water to provide heat to the yeast so it will expand and get
bubbly and release carbon dioxide.
RR: tongue roller Rr: tongue roller rr: tongue nonroller
(a) 3:1 (b) 1:3
(a) All would be tongue rollers 100%
(b) there would be no tongue nonrollers 0%
each penny represents one parent
WW no widow peak
Biol 113 - Lab 1
1. What are the 5 modifications you came up with to make to a regular paper
airplane? What was the purpose of each modification?
(1) put a paper clips on the tip for purpose of adding weight to front
(2) put a paper clips on the back for
It is useful for cells to continue going through cell division so that new cells can
replace any cells that may become damaged. It is a way for your body to heal
If a cell didnt make a copy of DNA before dividing then there wouldnt be a
Anti-A serum contains proteins called antibodies. These antibodies bind to
Type A protein markers, called antigens, if they are present on the
membranes of the red blood cells. This binding causes Type A blood cells to
Anti-B serum cont
Ebola a deadly disease that has recently been in the spotlight for its outbreak in
West Africa. The reality of the possibility that it might spread into the United States has
many people on edge. Many people believe that Ebola is a new d