What percentages of pregnancies in the US are unplanned?
Nearly half is unplanned (49%)
What is the Comstock Act?
Making it illegal to sell or distribute contraceptive info or devise in any form. In
2. For the following 3 datasets in which substrate con e tration vs. reactignrates are plotted for an enzyme-catalyzed
reaction in the absence of inhibitor and in the presence of 2 different kinds of inhibitors, fill in the boxes with the type of
CHEM 212 Homework 1
due Thurs 2-11-16
1. Convert the following condensed formulae to line-angle structures, and give their IUPAC names.
CH 3CH2 CH 2 CHCH 3
CH 3CH2 C CH2
CH 3CH2 CH 2 C CH
A few alkenes and alkynes have non-IUPAC common names that are historical:
H2 C CH2
H 2C CH
C C CH
13.3 The structure of alk
CHEM 212 Homework 3 15 points due Wed 4-13-16 Name I<EY
1. Given each of the following enzymecatalyzed reactions and choices of the 6 enzyme classes, fill in the blank below
with the class to which the reaction belongs.
dchydrogenasc I |
CHEM 212 Homework 2 15 points due Thurs 101614 Narne KE 2
1. Label the foliowing amines as primary, secondary, or tertiary
/\/NH2 /\/N\ . /\/N\
EV may"! few of mg cDMclds Mi
2. Name the foliowing compounds using either their IUPAC name or common name.
23.5 Phospholipids and glycolipids
Phospholipids and glycolipids are the primary components of cell membranes (lipid bilayers)
They have a polar head group and hydrophobic tails
CHER/cfw_212 Exam 3 100 points Thurs 414-16 Name kgz
1. Muitipie choice. Circle the best answer. (3 points each)
3) Which of the following structures is that of an u-amino acid?
a) O b) J? @ H N 0 d) o
H2N/\)LOH HEN e Hmh
OH OH OH
b) Osteogenesis im
CHEM 212 Homework 4 15 points due Wed 12-3-14 Name ME
1. Given the following structures and st of terms, il in the blank below each molecule with the term(s) that describe(s)
it. More than one answer is possibie. ( I ramb th)
(a) HO (b) O Steroid
health the state of complete mental, physical and social well being not merely the absence of
disease or infirmity (WHO, 1947, p. 1); a positive concept emphasizing social and personal
resources, as well as physical capabili