1. Old days, there were 2 kingdoms (plants and animals)
2. 1970 it was expanded to kingdoms because of microorganisms
3. Late 1970s , K. woese proposed 3 domains instead of the 2 kingdoms because of cell
type and evolution
What about Mutations and Evolution?
Neutral mutations. They are quite until natural selection pressure makes them valuable.
Is genetic material (DNA) in a protein envelope
Injected into cytoplasm of other cells, it can be dormant un
A. Early Earth
1. Little Oxygen and really not much light. 2.9 Billion years
2. NH3, CH4, H2, H20 were the building molecules of life.
3. Stuff collected in tidal pools- Primal soup
4. Early organisms used RNA only and evolved later to DNA-RNA-