1. What percentage of Jewish believe homosexuality is ALMOST
0.0% of Jews believe homosexuality is almost always wrong.
2. What percentage of Protestants believe homosexuality is NOT wrong
29.3% of Protestants believe homosexuality i
1. Geographic region is measured as north-west, southwest, Midwest,
northeast, and southeast. The variable is measured at the
_ level of measurement.
2. While variables can be discrete or continuous, th
1. What will be your unit of analysis? What are you researching?
People stopping at stop signs, how often do people stop at stop signs?
2. Operationalize the concept:
Are drivers paying attention while driving, speeding through stop signs, or doing the
1. A random sample of five convicts received the follow prison sentences (in years): 3
2, 4, 4, 5, 12
a. Find the mode.
b. Find the median.
Value of median= 4
(5+1)/2= 3rd median position
c. Find the mean.
1. What measures of association did you ask for? What is the value of
this measure of association?
The measure of association I asked for was Lambda. The value is the
Symmetric- .104, Students binge in College Dependent- .139, frat or
sorority member Depe
1. When respondents were not asked a particular question in a survey or did not
answer the question, they are typically marked
2. As students in this class, we will use the General Social Survey (GSS) to test
hypotheses. We are condu
Work hard to make certain that the results you have are accurate based on
class material. Use T- table and Z-table when needed. Feel free to consult
and cite the notes and previous assignments in preparing this exam.
Please show all of your working out so
1. A state department of corrections has a policy whereby it accepts as correctional
officers only those who score in the top 5 % of a qualifying exam. (4 points)
The mean of this test is 80.
Standard deviation is 10.
Would a person with a raw score of 95
1. Write a hypothesis about these two variables (COLLBING and RELIGION).
The effect of college students binge drinking affects the importance of religion.
Students binge in College * activ:religion Crosstabulation
1. A study was conducted in 2010 examining the relationship between alcohol and
spousal violence using a sample of male parolees (n = 19). One of the first objectives
of the study was to assess the extent of alcohol problems in the parolees' lives. To do