Your assignment is to go to the following: http:/www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/japansnuclear-meltdown/ (Note: there are periodic commercials)
This takes you to a video entitled Japans Nuclear Meltdown, a Frontline program. Please
answer the following q
Your assignment is to go to the following: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=spE6D3Dpzb8.
This takes you to a video entitled Environmental Justice for All, with Robert Bullard. Please
answer the following questions:
1) What does LULU stand for? Locally Unwant
1. Why does Butler find identifying women as the subject of feminism
politically problematic? Related, why does she think not all women
are part of the same common identity?
The reason that Butler finds identifying women as the subject of feminism
1. De Beauvoir uses the metaphor of two electrical poles to explain the
relationship between the two sexes. What ends of the poles do men
and women occupy, and what does it mean for the mans end to be
The man is the positive pole and woman is the
1) What does LULU stand for? LULU stands for locally unwanted land uses.
2) What does Robert Bullard mean when he says the environmental justice movement is about framing
and reframing? Robert Bullard means you have to change the way you look at things. H
This article describes a globalization trend that the United States government has
practiced for many years, foreign aid to strategic countries that are located in an area that
the U.S. military can utilize. The U.S. government has been pumping billions o
1. What does Garfinkel mean when he writes that moral facts are the
natural facts of life?
What Garfinkel means when he says that the moral facts are the natural
facts of life is that since a type of moral order or code is known,
1) How many additional people are added to the earths population
every year? The earth adds about 80 million people every year.
2) How many teenagers are alive today all around the world?
There are over 1 billion teenagers alive today.
3) How many more pe
Your assignment is to go to the following: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN06tLRE4WE
This takes you to a video entitled How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth? Please answer
the following questions:
How many additional people are added to the earths
Your assignment is to go to the following: http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51mWYhVmek
This takes you to a video entitled The Truth about Climate Change, a BBC program. Please
answer the following questions:
1) How much has the arctic warmed? Some places in
The article that I read was titled Globalisation and Education: The case of
North Korea. What this article explained in detail was the situation of North Korea
and its education system. Like many other countries North Korea has an eleven
1. What do you think Mead means when he writes that the self is an
object to itself?
What I believe that Mead means is that self is different than just being a
person. Mead explains how self is developed and one is not just born with
it. As we grow as peo
1. Marcuse argues that the rise of industrial capitalism was intended to free up
individuals and make them more autonomous. However, it seems to have had
the opposite effect. How so?
The reason that industrial capitalism does not make individuals more aut
1) How many people are chronically hungry in the world today?
2) What is the proportion of all pregnancies that are unintended?
Half of all pregnancies are unintended
3) How many people are there on the planet today?
4) What was the wo
1. How does your county rank among all the counties in the United States in terms of
pollution? Are there particular environmental problems that are present in your
county (i.e., particular chemicals, hazardous substances, etc.)? Are such problems,
1. What does Weber mean when he says that holding an office is a
What I believe that Weber means when he says that holding of is a
vocation is that holding office is a duty. It is not considered ownership of a
income or ownership of it, but rath
The one issue or problem I found especially disturbing is that places such as Sea World
are too concerned on profit as opposed to educating the public on how to preserve the wildlife in
the sea. Sea World is not out to help a person Touch the Magic but ra
The purpose of this assignment is for you to become familiar with (a) some of the basic
demographic facts about the world; and (b) how to go about tracking data on population and
the environment using the Internet. The number in parentheses by each item i
The article Good Cook, was a real-life tale of the struggles experienced by
oppressed people within North Korea. Mrs. Songs story is a true example of
perseverance and struggle, working long, hard days in order to survive. This article
truly exemplifies t