1) What are the 6 basic steps in the science process?
1) Observe a pattern:
-the pattern should be consistent the more observations the better
2) Formulate hypotheses to explain the pattern:
-tentative explanation for something you plan to study.
3) Get r
CH. 4 Prokaryotic Growth
1) Cell gets longer & DNA replicates
2) DNA is moed into each future daughter cell & cross wall forms
3) Cell divides into two cells
4) Cells separate
Generation time is the time it takes the population to double i
Spontaneous generation: the creation of life from organic (non-living) matter.
-Francesco Redi disproved spontaneous generation for large organisms by showing that
maggots arose from meat only when flies laid eggs in the meat.
-Spontaneous generation for