MISM 2301, Spring 2016
Quiz 3 Study Guide
Exam 3 will consist of four (4) questions that will in turn focus individually on one or more of the topics
covered in class. Questions 1 and 2 count for 1.5 points each, question 3 counts for 1 point, and
Session 11: The FastFit and WinterGear Distributor Case
FastFit Sporting Goods is a successful New England regional supplier of sporting goods to the high-end
consumer market. They sell an exclusive selection of equipment and apparel to men and women who
Session 12: Brose Case Study Questions
1. What are the business activities of Brose Group and what are the business
critical success factors (CSFs)?
Brose Primary Business Activities
Manufacturing and sale
Critical Success factors
Session 4: Progressive Case Study Questions
1. What is Progressives business?
a. Car Insurance
b. Mobile Response Team
c. General Insurance Provider
d. Insurance Middle-Man
2. What is critical to the success of the business?
a. Accuracy of reports
Session 13: Partners Case Study Questions
1. Create a table that lists the benefits to the patient and to the hospital of an enterprise
system for patient medical information and a system for patient prescriptions and
related medical therapies.
Session 11: FF and WGD Case Study Questions
The simple system diagram below may be used to answer the following questions. Apply your
own common sense and knowledge of retail processes. Be specific about the items of
information, where they are captured,
Session 6: Big Data Case Study Questions
1. In each of the examples cited above, what drove the need to collect and analyze
Drivers for Data Collection and Analysis
Session 17: CDM/Smith Case Study Questions
1. What approaches does CDM/SMITH now employ to manage the tacit and the explicit
knowledge within the organization?
Tacit Knowledge Management
Blogs and message boards on intranet site
Mandated teaching by senio
Session 14: Zappos.com Case Study Questions
1. Why was eCommerce the best approach to achieve Nick Swinmurns vision of the
perfect shoe store?
a. Made it easy for customers to get any brand, color, style, or size anytime, exactly
when they want it
Session 7: Hardrock Cafe Case Study Questions
List representative companies with whom Hardrock Caf competes? How would
you position Hardrock in terms of their business focus (i.e. operational excellence,
customer intimacy, or product leadership? Why?
Session 8: Boeing Case Study Questions
1. Identify all of the telecommunication and Web networks in use at Boeing.
What/who do they connect?
What/Who It Connects
Wide Area Network (WAN)
All major Boeing facilities
Local Area Network (LAN
Session 5 BayState Realty Case Study Homework
1. Use a table to identify the software products sited in the BayState Realty Case Study that
fall within the following categories of software. You need not limit yourself to only those
products mentioned. Thi
Session 16: PepsiAmericas Case Study Questions
What drove PepsiAmericas to adopt a more aggressive attitude towards the utilization of
transaction data to run the business?
a The desire for nation-wide contracts by massive retailers
b Decreased demand i
Session 15: Social Enterprise Case Study Questions
1. For each of the scenarios in the reading what social networking tools enable the
Bill Germino and Richard Kesner
Session 9: UPS Case Study Questions
What sorts of information are required to transact, manage and innovate at UPS
and from which UPS information systems is this information drawn?
Level of Information Use