1. Describe the structure, function and distribution of lymphatic vessels.
Like veins, lymphatic vessels have three tunics (Tunica Externa, Tunica Media, Tunica Intima) and valves, but are
thinner walled. Their purpose is to collect lymph from
1. Describe the three layers of the blood vessel wall and state the function of each.
The three layers of the blood vessel wall are:
o Outermost layer of the blood vessel wall
o Protects and reinforces the blood vessel
1. List the important differences between hormonal and neural controls.
The nervous system controls its targets (muscles and glands) via electrical impulses that travel along the nerves. This results in a
quick but short live
1. Describe the size shape and location of the heart.
The heart is a fist-sized, cone shaped, hollow organ located between the lungs and slightly to the left of the sternum.
2. Name the coverings of the heart.
The coverings of the heart include
1. Describe the composition and physical characteristics of blood.
Blood is composed of erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets and plasma. Physically, it is a sticky liquid with a salty or metallic taste
that varies in color from dark red (lack of