Find the equation of the tangent line to the graph of f at the indicated point and then use your calculator to
conrm the results.
at (2,4) 29. (x) = (x - 2)(x2 H 3x ,. 1) at (4:9)
Tan line: y+9=18(x1)=>
Math 108 Project: Average Temperatures of a City
Maximum temp:65+17.5= 82.5
Minimum temp: 65-17.5= 47.5
April through October
Study Guide for Final Exam
1. Is the algebraic expression a polynomial ?
+ 2x5 3.
2. Find the product : (3x 2)(3x + 2).
(a) 9x2 4
(b) 9x2 12x + 4
(c) 9x2 + 12x + 4
(d) 9x2 + 4
3. Determine which of the numbers is
Let f(x)=-4^x+1. Find f(-) =-2
EXPONENT WILL ALWAYS BE THE ANSWER WHEN THE BASE AND LOG # IS THE SAME. Like log 5^-1 =
Write the equation in exponential form ln (pi)=a = (pi)=e^a
Evaluate e^ln(y)+10^log(x) = e and 10 log are the same so you just have x
THE MODERN PERIOD
The Modern period in the English literature started in the year of
1901 to the year 1960. This period had traditional ways of viewing
and interacting with the world.
This period had traditional ways of viewing and interact
The clotting process
Clotting factors are proteins in the blood that control bleeding. When a blood vessel
is injured, the walls of the blood vessel contract to limit the flow of blood to the
damaged area. Then, small blood cells called pla
Single layer of thin squamous cells resting on a basement membrane. The cells fit closely
together, much like floor tiles. This type usually forms membranes where filtration or
exchange of substances by rapid diffusion occurs.
Rest on a basement membrane. However, some of its cells are shorter than others, and their
nuclei appear at different heights above the basement membrane. As a result, this gives the
false (pseudo) impression that it is stratif
The kidneys help maintain acid-base balance by excreting hydrogen ions into the urine and
reabsorbing bicarbonate from the urine.
The kidneys maintain homeostasis through excretion of waste products.
Acidosis causes more bicarbonate to be reabsorbed from
The data file (regression_data spreadsheet) contains the following data points:
Day of the Year
Time of Day
Outside Temperature (Acurite Sensor on Shaded East Side of House)
Attic Temperature (Acur
Math 209 1. Find the limit of the sequence
Practice Exam 1 2n + 1 5n - 3
2. Determine whether or not the series converges. State why it does or not does not converge. 5n + 1 2n - 3 n=1 3. Determine whether or not the series converges.
Practice Exam 4 x + y.
1. Sketch a graph of the domain of f (x, y) =
2. Sketch the level curves z = 0, 1, 2 for z =
x + y.
3. Find the equation of the tangent plane to the surface graph of f (x, y) = x sin(y) at the point (1, 0).
1. Find parametric equations for the line containing the points P (1, 2, 4) and Q(3, 0, 7).
2. Find the equation of the plane containing the point (3, -1, 4) with normal vector 2, 5, 6 .
4t, 5, 12t3 dt
ex - 1 (13) 1. Find a power series expansion (of at least four terms) for f (x) = . x (13) 2. Find a power series expansion (of at least four terms) for f (x) = cos ( x). x - sin x 1 x2 x4 x6 (24) 3. Given: = - + - + x3