1. Schools, for their part, have embraced corporate support in the classroom as federal support has failed to
2. Variety is the essence of status quo operations.
3. Diversity represents the multitude of ind
1. Mutuality of interest involves win-win situations in which individual and organizational interests are
2. The inspirational appeal influence tactic involves trying to build enthusiasm by appealing to others' em
1. Perception can determine whether or not you get a job offer following an employment interview.
2. Perception is a cognitive process that enables us to interpret and understand our environment.
3. Social cognitio
1. People with proactive personalities are valuable human capital.
2. Self-concept is the core of one's unconscious existence.
3. Cognitions represent any knowledge, opinion, or belief about the environment, onesel
1. An organization is defined as a system of consciously coordinated activities or forces of two or more
2. An organization embodies coordination of effort, a common goal, division of labor, and hierarchy of
1. Constant change will not cause conflict.
2. Conflict is a process in which one party perceives that its interests are being opposed or negatively affected
by another party.
3. Metaphors of war are appropriate
1. Research has shown that leadership is positively associated with net profits.
2. Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences others to achieve a common goal.
3. Transformational theories were scho
1. Southwest Airline's culture only has a measurable impact on their HR practices and rarely spills over into
2. Culture is based on "taken-for-granted implicit assumptions."
3. Organizational culture
1. The rate of organizational and societal change is clearly accelerating.
2. Technological advancements and market changes are external forces for change.
3. Employees' unmet needs and absenteeism are external f
1. Individual differences influence our values, attitudes, job satisfaction, and tendency to exhibit
counterproductive workplace behaviors.
2. A value system is the way of behaving or a desired end-state.
1. Motivation is entirely driven by pay.
2. Motivation involves those psychological processes that cause the arousal, direction, and persistence of
voluntary actions that are goal directed.
3. Content theories of m
1. It is important for all of us to understand how information technology is affecting the way individuals
communicate because the technology influences organizational behavior.
2. Communication is the interpersonal exchang
1. Cooperation, trust, and camaraderie energize organizations.
2. A team is essentially the same as a group.
3. Teams are work groups that have matured to the performing stage, but not slipped into group decay.
1. Performance management is an organization wide system whereby managers integrate the activities of goal
setting, monitoring and evaluating, providing feedback and coaching, and rewarding employees on a continuous
Case Study Outline: Haier
Founded in 1984 by Zhange Ruimin, company was originally known as Qingdao
Chinese multinational corp. that specialize in household appliances and consumer
o Products incl
EXAM STUDY GUIDE
The following topics would be possible areas for exam ?. If preceded by an * or 2* They are
Change Management-Change Formula & 10 tenets
*Strategic Mangement Process (Fig.1.1)-3 phases
Vision & Missi
Management 411 Speech
How many ppl have order from dominos at least once in their life.
How many of those people order from online thru either a computer or a smartphone to see that
pizza tracking thing.
You are part of the 60% of dominos customers that o
Richard N. Baiden
Yi Chiau (Iris) Kuo
The what and why of financial
Financial analysis is used to help you understand the
strengths and weaknesses of a compan
Porters Five Forces
+ Market Overview
Automotive industry includes the processes of designing, manufacturing, and
In the Automobile industry there is a low threat of new entrants. This is due to the high barriers
of entry which include costs of factories, machinery, labor and innovation. These investments
require a large capital investment and the mastering of econom
Investing in Core Competencies
o Product/Market Units
o Existing Units
o Existing Constituencies
The Essence of Winning
The major cause of Global Warming is population. More people means more food, and more methods of transportation. That means more methane because there will be more burning of fossil fuels, and more agriculture. Now your probably thinking, Wait a mi
Sharlene Alexander, Rich Lee, Mari Weitzman, Sarah Schwartz, Stephen Merenes GAP OUTLINE
History and Market Coverage/Targeting
Don and Doris Fisher founded Gap in 1969 in San Francisco, California. Gap acquired Banana Republic in 1983. The first Gap
*Disney is a conglomerate and this is how they allocate funds (red print). We can assume that as a conglomerate Tropindustrial has similar allocations of capital and as long as we can prove that our project is profitable in the long term (which we ca
* All companies who have/had sponsored international students 3M 4GL School Solutions A. G. Edwards and Sons Inc. A.T. & T. A.T. Kearney, Inc. AAC Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro Accenture Ace Technologies Inc. ACNielsen Corporation Acterna (formerly WW
1. Social skills are important for both individual and organizational success.
2. Managers need to build social capital with social perception, impression management, persuasion and social
influence, and social adaptability
1. Decision making entails identifying and choosing solutions that lead to a desired end result.
2. According to the rational model of decision making, after identifying the problem, the next step is to select a