1. Schools, for their part, have embraced corporate support in the classroom as federal support has failed to
2. Variety is the essence of status quo operations.
3. Diversity represents the multitude of ind
1. Perception can determine whether or not you get a job offer following an employment interview.
2. Perception is a cognitive process that enables us to interpret and understand our environment.
3. Social cognitio
1. An organization is defined as a system of consciously coordinated activities or forces of two or more
2. An organization embodies coordination of effort, a common goal, division of labor, and hierarchy of
1. People with proactive personalities are valuable human capital.
2. Self-concept is the core of one's unconscious existence.
3. Cognitions represent any knowledge, opinion, or belief about the environment, onesel
1. Individual differences influence our values, attitudes, job satisfaction, and tendency to exhibit
counterproductive workplace behaviors.
2. A value system is the way of behaving or a desired end-state.
1. Mutuality of interest involves win-win situations in which individual and organizational interests are
2. The inspirational appeal influence tactic involves trying to build enthusiasm by appealing to others' em
1. Communication is the most important issue facing multicultural teams.
2. Culture is defined as the beliefs and values about how a community of people should and do act.
3. Culture is primarily taught through for
1. Research has shown that leadership is positively associated with net profits.
2. Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences others to achieve a common goal.
3. Transformational theories were scho
1. Southwest Airline's culture only has a measurable impact on their HR practices and rarely spills over into
2. Culture is based on "taken-for-granted implicit assumptions."
3. Organizational culture
1. Constant change will not cause conflict.
2. Conflict is a process in which one party perceives that its interests are being opposed or negatively affected
by another party.
3. Metaphors of war are appropriate
1. It is important for all of us to understand how information technology is affecting the way individuals
communicate because the technology influences organizational behavior.
2. Communication is the interpersonal exchang
1. Performance management is an organization wide system whereby managers integrate the activities of goal
setting, monitoring and evaluating, providing feedback and coaching, and rewarding employees on a continuous
1. The rate of organizational and societal change is clearly accelerating.
2. Technological advancements and market changes are external forces for change.
3. Employees' unmet needs and absenteeism are external f
1. Cooperation, trust, and camaraderie energize organizations.
2. A team is essentially the same as a group.
3. Teams are work groups that have matured to the performing stage, but not slipped into group decay.
1. Motivation is entirely driven by pay.
2. Motivation involves those psychological processes that cause the arousal, direction, and persistence of
voluntary actions that are goal directed.
3. Content theories of m
Richard N. Baiden
Yi Chiau (Iris) Kuo
The what and why of financial
Financial analysis is used to help you understand the
strengths and weaknesses of a compan
Case Study Outline: Haier
Founded in 1984 by Zhange Ruimin, company was originally known as Qingdao
Chinese multinational corp. that specialize in household appliances and consumer
o Products incl
EXAM STUDY GUIDE
The following topics would be possible areas for exam ?. If preceded by an * or 2* They are
Change Management-Change Formula & 10 tenets
*Strategic Mangement Process (Fig.1.1)-3 phases
Vision & Missi
Management 411 Speech
How many ppl have order from dominos at least once in their life.
How many of those people order from online thru either a computer or a smartphone to see that
pizza tracking thing.
You are part of the 60% of dominos customers that o
Investing in Core Competencies
o Product/Market Units
o Existing Units
o Existing Constituencies
The Essence of Winning
In the Automobile industry there is a low threat of new entrants. This is due to the high barriers
of entry which include costs of factories, machinery, labor and innovation. These investments
require a large capital investment and the mastering of econom
Porters Five Forces
+ Market Overview
Automotive industry includes the processes of designing, manufacturing, and
Study Shows that The relationship between money and happiness is surprisingly very low, which
may stem in part from the way people spend it. One interpretation might be things that you ove
most cant be bought buy money. This article propose eight principl
Firm Paper on Royal Dutch Shell
Royal Dutch Shell plc as known as Shell is an independent oil and gas company. The
Company explores for crude oil and natural gas across the world, both in conventional fi
The major cause of Global Warming is population. More people means more food, and more methods of transportation. That means more methane because there will be more burning of fossil fuels, and more agriculture. Now your probably thinking, Wait a mi
Sharlene Alexander, Rich Lee, Mari Weitzman, Sarah Schwartz, Stephen Merenes GAP OUTLINE
History and Market Coverage/Targeting
Don and Doris Fisher founded Gap in 1969 in San Francisco, California. Gap acquired Banana Republic in 1983. The first Gap
*Disney is a conglomerate and this is how they allocate funds (red print). We can assume that as a conglomerate Tropindustrial has similar allocations of capital and as long as we can prove that our project is profitable in the long term (which we ca
Team Mission Statement for KCMJ
We, the members of KCMJ, hope to establish trust, responsibility, professionalism, and
accountability. In order to do so, we will establish a clear set of duties for each team member,
develop an understanding of one another
41) Vertical integration is a type of
A) business strategy.
B) generic strategy.
C) differentiation strategy.
D) corporate strategy.
42) The number of steps in a firm's value chain that it accomplishes within its boundarie
Framing the situation
July 16, 1995 - Amazon officially launched in the book business
May 1997 - Amazon went public at $18/share (company valuation at $438M)
1998 - moved beyond the book category with the acquisition of IMDB (the
1. I believe that the technology firm should partner with other firms that investing in some of
the technologies, specifically if any of the firms are already well established and successful
(for example, if Apple or Google were to back o