1. A. The economic ordering quantity is 50. Ordering cost is 252, carrying cost is 250, and
total cost is 502.
2. 2. EOQ with these parameters is 44. Carrying cost is 220, order cost is 223 and total cost
a. Describe the trend, seasonality, and random fluctuation visible in the time series. Do
you agree that seasonality appears to be absent in the graph? Does the absence of a
visible seasonal pattern necessarily mean that there i
Introduction to Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Microsoft Access is a Relational DBMS.
There are other relational DBMS such as Oracle.
RDBMS Based on the relational model
First proposed by Edgar F. Codd
* Relational database model:
All information is r
Primary key (PK)
* Unique identifier for each record in a table.
* Should be the smallest number of fields possible.
* Cannot be null (null = empty)
* Only one defined per table.
* Could be an generated numeric sequence (Autonumber type field in Access).
Types of relationships:
* One-to-one For every record in the primary table, there is one and only one record in the
* One-to-many For every record in the primary table, there are one or more related records in
the foreign table.
* Date example:
* between #8/1/16# and #9/30/16#
* # - used for dates
* Can be used for other field types also:
* between 200 and 300
* between G and I
SELECT [2B Scholarships Awarded].[Scholarship ID],
[2B Scholarships Awarded].
Exam 1 Review
* Project 1A Objectives
* Identify Good Database Design
* Create a table and fields in new database
* Add records manually
* Append records from Excel file to Access table
* Change the structure of the table
* Primary key concept
* Import fr
* Automates tasks in Access (similar function in Excel)
* Not tied to an event or button, for example.
* Self-contained instruction examples:
* OpenForm, MessageBox, OpenReport
* Information provided to
Access data types
* Text max 255 characters
* Memo max 65,535 characters
* Number numeric calculations, various sizes
* Currency - Accurate to 15 digits on the left side of the decimal separator and to 4
digits on the right side.
Project Management Overview
* Definition of project:
A temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result
* Specific Deliverable
* Specific Beginning and Due Date
* Completion of project:
* When its Stakeholder
S tudent ID
OPM homework 1.1
a) Seasonality in demand planning is when at certain times of a day, week, month, or year,
certain upwards or downwards trends are seen the data. An example would be during the summer
months a landscaping company would tend
State/Region ZIP/Postal Code Home Phone
888 King St
OPM Unit 6.1
1. A. The paper department should be as close as possible to the printing department,
because they have the most trips to each other per month.
B. The closest a department can be is 15 feet away from each other, example is the layo
1 SnowBoard Supplies, Inc.
2 Gear City
3 Boots Etc
4 Sports Fitters
5 Back Country Outfitters
6 Wetsuit Country
7 Big Boards Corporation
8 Big Wave Boards
9 Dave's Sporting Shop
10 Winter Sports Club
a. The total cost for each alternative when n=156,000 is a=148,443 b=145,377 and
b. The total cost goes down to 141,402. The relative attractiveness of alternative b
goes down because it goes from having the l
Tracking Projects on Tasks
* Save current schedule values as a baseline.
* Record progress on tasks through a specific date.
* Record a tasks percentage of completion.
* Enter actual work and duration values.
Level of Detail
* Size of the proje
VBA Visual Basic for Applications
VBA, Visual Basic for Applications, is an implementation of Microsoft's Visual Basic, an event
driven programming language and associated integrated development environment which is built
into most Microsoft Office applic
Notes for CQS 111 Class
Business as a social institution did not always have the major role/influence that it has in
todays society. It did not always have legitimacy. So, let me provide an overview of the
history of business through the ages - starting f
CQS 311 Fall 2015
Exam 1 Topic list
Create a table & define fields (name, description, data type, length)
Modify the structure of a table (delete fields, modify fields, set primary key)
Import from Excel
o Create new table or append to exist