1 SnowBoard Supplies, Inc.
2 Gear City
3 Boots Etc
4 Sports Fitters
5 Back Country Outfitters
6 Wetsuit Country
7 Big Boards Corporation
8 Big Wave Boards
9 Dave's Sporting Shop
10 Winter Sports Club
Access data types
* Text max 255 characters
* Memo max 65,535 characters
* Number numeric calculations, various sizes
* Currency - Accurate to 15 digits on the left side of the decimal separator and to 4
digits on the right side.
Project Management Overview
* Definition of project:
A temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result
* Specific Deliverable
* Specific Beginning and Due Date
* Completion of project:
* When its Stakeholder
Tracking Projects on Tasks
* Save current schedule values as a baseline.
* Record progress on tasks through a specific date.
* Record a tasks percentage of completion.
* Enter actual work and duration values.
Level of Detail
* Size of the proje
VBA Visual Basic for Applications
VBA, Visual Basic for Applications, is an implementation of Microsoft's Visual Basic, an event
driven programming language and associated integrated development environment which is built
into most Microsoft Office applic
VBE New Module
* To add a new Module of code:
* Right-click the project's name.
* Choose InsertModule from the shortcut menu.
* Excel automatically inserts a VBA module to hold the code for a recorded macro.
* Rules for naming code modules:
Excel Project 7A Pivot Table
PivotTable: interactive, cross tabulated Excel report that summarizes and analyzes large
amounts of data
Field names: categories of data
*the data in each column should be the same type
Insert Tab Tables group PivotTable butto
Macro: an action or set of actions with which you can automate tasks by grouping a series of
commands into a single command. You can perform the command with a single mouse click,
keyboard shortcut, or when a workbook opens
o Recorded in the Visual
Command Button: Inserts a Command Button control in which code can be attached, initiating
an action when clicked
Combo Box: Inserts a combo box control, which displayed a list of choices from another source,
the user can ei
8A Sales Analysis
Starts up businesses usually operate at a loss in the beginning. Data Analysis tools help project
future results based on past performance.
Moving Average: sequence of averages computed from parts of a data series.
o In a chart, moving a
* Automates tasks in Access (similar function in Excel)
* Not tied to an event or button, for example.
* Self-contained instruction examples:
* OpenForm, MessageBox, OpenReport
* Information provided to
Exam 1 Review
* Project 1A Objectives
* Identify Good Database Design
* Create a table and fields in new database
* Add records manually
* Append records from Excel file to Access table
* Change the structure of the table
* Primary key concept
* Import fr
a. The total cost for each alternative when n=156,000 is a=148,443 b=145,377 and
b. The total cost goes down to 141,402. The relative attractiveness of alternative b
goes down because it goes from having the l
State/Region ZIP/Postal Code Home Phone
888 King St
OPM homework 1.1
a) Seasonality in demand planning is when at certain times of a day, week, month, or year,
certain upwards or downwards trends are seen the data. An example would be during the summer
months a landscaping company would tend
S tudent ID
1. A. The economic ordering quantity is 50. Ordering cost is 252, carrying cost is 250, and
total cost is 502.
2. 2. EOQ with these parameters is 44. Carrying cost is 220, order cost is 223 and total cost
a. Describe the trend, seasonality, and random fluctuation visible in the time series. Do
you agree that seasonality appears to be absent in the graph? Does the absence of a
visible seasonal pattern necessarily mean that there i
Introduction to Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Microsoft Access is a Relational DBMS.
There are other relational DBMS such as Oracle.
RDBMS Based on the relational model
First proposed by Edgar F. Codd
* Relational database model:
All information is r
Primary key (PK)
* Unique identifier for each record in a table.
* Should be the smallest number of fields possible.
* Cannot be null (null = empty)
* Only one defined per table.
* Could be an generated numeric sequence (Autonumber type field in Access).
Types of relationships:
* One-to-one For every record in the primary table, there is one and only one record in the
* One-to-many For every record in the primary table, there are one or more related records in
the foreign table.
* Date example:
* between #8/1/16# and #9/30/16#
* # - used for dates
* Can be used for other field types also:
* between 200 and 300
* between G and I
SELECT [2B Scholarships Awarded].[Scholarship ID],
[2B Scholarships Awarded].
In this age, very little of our information is private anymore. As technology has
progressed, privacy has decreased. Right now, the government has a lot of information
about its citizens and this information comes directly from the use of technolog
CQS 311 Fall 2015
Exam 1 Topic list
Create a table & define fields (name, description, data type, length)
Modify the structure of a table (delete fields, modify fields, set primary key)
Import from Excel
o Create new table or append to exist
Janette M. Hicks
Online Lecture 1
Instructor and TAs
Relational Database MS Access
Your instructor (me):
(Im the one on the right )
Teaching 1 lab section and
responsible for the c
CQS 311 - VBA Workshop
Open a new Excel worksheet and save it with whatever name you would like.
Remember 3 actions need to be done to use VBA
1. The workbook must be saved as an Excel Macro-enabled workbook
2. Macro Security settings must allow macros to