ANT 100 Wieczkowski
Be able to define, explain, provide an
example of, or apply the following
Upper Paleolithic tools and how they differed
from earlier assemblages
how we know when humans fir
1. Prior attempts were made by creating field research sites in Tanzania in which intensive
observation was applied to the chimpanzees. One of the limitations of this method is that
scientist had only documented what they had witnessed instead
Critical thinking on common reading
Who is Pedro Albizu Campos?
Memory, Memory of what?
Why was he in a coma?
What caused his death?
Who is the son?
Who actually is the father really?
Why was there the need for revolutionaries?
genetics is the study of
A. biochemical genetics
o studies the
o DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) provides the information for
1953 Watson and Crick DNA structure _ _
supports are phosphates and sugars
A. Scientific method
definition of science
based on _ (without _, you have _)
series of steps, never-ending process, build on previous work, lead to new knowledge, even
change existing knowledge
1. Well since there were no markers commemorating it as a burial site, in 1794 it was paved
over. They did this because the city was growing and they had a need for new streets and
buildings. The chamber of commerce laid a part of its Chambers
1. Progressivists are saying that we adopted agriculture in order to advance. In other words,
we did it to better ourselves and our environment. Revisionists are says that we did it
because we were forced to due to growing population. They att
1. Washoe was taught by moulding in which the humans moved her hand to make signs
and if she did so, even a little, on her own she was quickly rewarded. Through this, as she
grew older, she was able to make signs on her own and produce strings
1. Bramble and Liebermans hypothesis says that there traits appear to have been adapted
for running and long distance jogging that couldnt have evolved from just the role of
walking because some dont have a role in walking.
2. The nuchal ligam
1. The general themes found in cave art are of animals, human looking figures and signs.
Animals are represented by far the most out of the three with over six thousand
representations in the cave with the horse being the most drawn. They incl