Reading Questions Chapter 16
Consider the alternate assessments described in the textbook.
1. Which have you experienced in your education?
I have experienced authentic assessment while doing my student teaching for physical
education. For a whole semeste
Reading Questions Chapter 8
1. Reflect on your own experiences as a student. Which teachers captured your attention better than
others? How did they do it?
As a student I found certain teachers were able to capture my attention better that others.
CHAPTER 1 READING QUESTIONS
1. Describe why teaching is considered both an art and a science.
Teaching is considered a science because it draws much of its knowledge from broader
theory and research in psychology, which is then applied to teaching. In cla
CHAPTER 3 READING QUESTIONS
1. Think about the students you intend to teach their age and whether you hope to
teach in an urban, suburban, or rural setting. What does Bronfenbrenner's theory
suggest about important resources for your students?
I intend to
How could Mr. Carson have done things differently to prevent this situation from
I feel group projects such as this one can be great. To avoid the problem of one or two
group members doing most of the work it will be important to see specifical
Reading Questions Chapter 12
1. Why should instruction be planned? Why should those plans be flexible?
Instruction should be planned so that teachers can keep on track to have their class reach the
desired goals of the unit. Planning will develop a plan f
Reading Questions Chapter 11
1. What is expert knowledge? What is pedagogical knowledge?
Expert knowledge is knowing the subject matter of a topic. You fully understand the
topic and become an expert on it.
Pedagogical knowledge is knowing how to effectiv
Chapter 6 Video Questions
1. What are your overall impressions of the mental health care of the children in this video?
I have overall very negative impressions of the mental health care of the children
in this video. I found it absurd the amount of medic
CHAPTER 2 READING QUESTIONS
1. Why is it important for teachers to study childrens development? How will you use
knowledge of childrens development in the classroom?
It is important to study childrens development because as a teacher you will have a new
Reading Questions Chapter 15
1. List advantages and disadvantages to using standardized tests in schools.
Advantages- Improved student performance, more time teaching the subjects tested, high
expectations for all students, identification of poorly perfor