1. Fungi that possess hyphae have which of the following characteristics?
a. Unicellular, spherical body plan
b. Use of phagocytosis to acquire food
c. Cell walls composed of cellulose-chitin complexes
d. Ability to rapidly grow towards fo
LEARNING OBJECTIVES FOR BY 124 EXAM II
1. List characteristics that distinguish fungi from organisms in other kingdoms.
2. Explain how fungi obtain their nutrients.
3. Describe the basic body plan of a fungus.
4. Distinguish between septate and
BY 124 Mock Exam Test One
Which of the following is similar in structure between charophytes and land plants?
a. Apical meristems
b. Formation of plasmodesmata in the nucleus
e. Pollen-forming gametangia
2. Which of the follow
BY 124-2C SI Worksheet #1
1. What have researchers identified as the closest relatives of land plants?
Green algae called charophytes
2. What are the four distinctive traits that serve as evidence for this relationship?
BY 124-2C SI Worksheet #2
Before starting this worksheet, recall homosporous v. heterosporous spore production.
1. In addition to seeds, what else is common to all seed plants? List and discuss.
1. Reduced gametophytes: gamet