Questions topic 1
1. It is an established fact that the first cookbook was written by Apicius.
2. White Castle was the first quick service establishment.
3. Monks and friars performed food service including developing liqueurs in the
Questions chapter 9
1. ServSafe, TIPS and CARE are programs designed to address the responsible
service of alcohol. True
2. Alcoholic beverages generally have the same markup as food products.
3. Operations with an ethnic theme or clientele sho
Questions chapter 8
1. It is necessary to check often to see whether menu items are selling, even in
institutional operations. Items should be changed if they do not produce sales.
2. There are eleven ways to analyze menus. Fasle (7)
3. The sim
Questions chapter 7
1. The manner in which menu items are presented should be selected to best suit the
needs of the operation.
2. Some hospitals have staff visit rooms with handheld computers to take orders.
3. If a menu is well done, one form
Questions chapter 6
1. The difference between cost and selling price is called markup.
2. Copying competitors pricing is an effective method of ensuring popularity and
3. Patrons seem to like to have a wide range of prices to choose fro
Questions chapter 5
1. Food and Labor are considered to be the most significant costs in terms of control
in food service operation True
2. Costs can be controlled without being known through sound management practice
of commonly accepted techn
Questions chapter 4
1. A skills inventory is used to provide the operation with an assessment of skills
employees currently possess. True pg 114
2. The majority of institutional food service experiences are dreadful due to meager
Questions chapter 3
1. la carte menus are associated exclusively with fine dining restaurants. True
2. Breakfast menus typically offer fewer choices to select from than any other kind of
3. Childrens menus are a good way to educate
Questions topic # 2
1. Restaurants and Lunch Rooms represent the largest segment of Commercial
Operations True (pg 27)
2. Quick Service restaurants are designed specifically to appeal to teenagers
True (pg 37)
3. For a commercial food service o
Katy Sheehan(56) Erica D'Amico(429) Danielle Sayre(42) Jaime Mac Gregor(431) Kaiaulani Tellez~Giron(N/A)
The Equinox Resort and Spa
3567 Main Street Route 7A Manch
Max’s Red American
* Black Mission Figs- Stuffed with a Chestnut smoked Blue Cheese, wrapped in thin strips of pancetta. With a port wine reduction. * Beet Napoleon- Red, gold, and candy striped beets layered with truffled goat cheese and sauted spinach.