Chapter 4 Key Terms
1. Globalism- the attitude or policy of placing the interests of the entire world
above those of individual nations.
2. Jihad v. McWorld- a 1995 book by American political scientist Benjamin
Chapter 3 Key Terms
1. Managerial View- shareholders are the center of business; change only happens when
shareholders are unhappy
2. Stakeholder Approach- business is a set of relationships among groups that have a stak
Chapter 4 Questions
1. How can becoming a more effective listener benefit you?
It can help you improve your work in other classes. It can help you as you move into the workforce.
2. What are the major types of listening
Chapter 1 Discussion Questions
1. Why are managers uncomfortable discussing ethics? Relate both the answers provided
in the chapter and your own ideas based on your experiences.
First, according to Bird and Waters, the
BRIEFING NOTE ABOUT HOMELESSNESS IN THE USA
The purpose of this briefing note is to see causes for homelessness. The United States of
America has dramatic statistics proving that we need to come up with ways to
Chapter 2 Discussion Question #2
2. Consider your recent activity with social media such as tweets, Facebook posts, blog
entries, or perhaps YouTube clips. Do you experience communication anxiety when
communicating in t
Informative speech notes
Your new best friend is waiting for you! Come visit the Animal Shelter at 200 West Fairfield Drive,
Tuesday through Saturday between noon and 6 p.m.
When you enter the lobby, please tell the staff that you are interested in adopti
Chapter 8 Outline
Supporting materialsfacts and statistics, testimony, examples, and
narrativesare the pillars, braces, and cross-braces of serious speechmaking. The effective and ethical use of supporting materials helps to
establish the reality and mean
Understanding Communication Anxiety
Those unpleasant feelings and fears you may experience before or during a presentation.
The major cause of communication anxiety is that you have the wrong movie in your head. Youre
playing and replaying Titanic
Chapter 7 Outline
Guidelines for Ethical Research
1. Allow sufficient time for research.
2. Investigate differing perspectives on your topic.
3. Access credible sources of information.
4. Never fabricate or distort information.
5. Take careful notes on wh
Outline Chapter 6
What Is a Good Topic?
A good topic is one that involves you and that you care about. It allows you to express
convictions that are important to you or to explore something you find fascinating. A good
topic invites you to find your voice
You can never really find your voice until you understand your audience. Each message must be tailored
to reach listeners. If a message does not connect with listeners, it is like the conundrum about a tree that
falls in the forest when no one is
Chapter 4 Outline
Why should you want to become a better listener? Becoming a more effective listener
will help you become a more effective speaker in at least four ways:
1. You will develop a sense of your audience. As you listen to their speeches you