CIS 3500 Assignment 1 - Minhajul Malek
1. What three kinds of basic organizational difficulties can communications
technology help companies overcome?
- Communications technology can help companies overcome organizational
difficulties such as allowing mid
1. Larger bandwidth is determined on the predicted size of the network.
2. Backend LAN: Backend networks are used to interconnect large
systems such as mainframes, supercomputers, and mass storage devices.
The key requirement here is for bulk da
Assignment 3 - Chapter 3 Review Questions - Minhajul Malek
1. In processing, all the applications are run on the central data server. In data most
data is stored in databases and files at the central facility. Control is another function
where the informa
M.Malek - Chapter 7
1. User agents and message transfer agents are needed.
2. No, you are not.
3. With a single-system e-mail facility, messages can only be exchanged among users
of that particular system. Clearly, this is too limited. In a distributed en
Minhajul Malek - Assignment 5
1. The network access layer focuses on the exchange of data between a computer
and the network it is connected to.
2. The transport layer focuses on data reliability + correct sequencing.
3. The rules governing the way two en
Chapter 6 - Minhajul Malek
1. It is a application structure that partitions tasks or workloads between the
providers of a resource or service, called servers, and service requesters,
There is a heavy reliance on bringing user-friendly a
Minhajul Malek - Chapter 8
1. There are 5 different address classes. You can determine which class any IP
address is in by examining the first 4 bits of the IP address.
Class A addresses begin with 0xxx, or 1 to 126 decimal.
Class B addresses begin with 1
Minhajul Malek - Assignment 4 - Chapter 4 Review Questions
1. The ARPANET was the original packet switching network that was developed by
ARPA to be used for research and usage in the military, and by contractors. The
Internet grew out of this
2. The two
Assignment 2 - Chapter 2 Review Questions - Minhajul Malek
1. They all define the rate of data transmission as powers of 10. An example of this
is a kilo = 10^3, mega = 10^6, and giga = 10^9.
2. The bandwidth is 3400 Hz.
3. The process i
Ch. 8 TCP, IP AND OSI
1. The major function of the network access layer:
To exchange of data between a computer and the network to which it is attached.
2. Tasks are performed by the transport layer:
The transport layer is concerned with data reliability
Chapter 10 INTERNET BASED APPLICATIONS
10.1 Port used by SMTP:
Standard application used for sending email. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol uses
Sender-SMTP and Receiver-SMTP processes. By default, communications are
not secure. SMT
CIS 3500, Ch-2
2.1 The differences between digital and analog:
A digital system uses a sequence of discrete, discontinuous values, or symbols to represent
information. In digital systems, the information rate and the capacity of a digital channel are
Cis3500 HW ch4
4.1 The difference between an analog electromagnetic signal and a digital electromagnetic signal
All signals used for communications are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Electromagnetic energy
travels in waves that radiate outward from
5.1 The difference between data and signal:
We define Data as entities that convey meaning or information.
Signals are electric or electromagnetic representation of data. Signaling is the physical
propagation of the signal along a commun
M.Malek - Chapter 10
1. A server farm is a group of computers acting as servers and housed together in a
2. Increase in network data flow, newer applications that demand faster data rates,
increase in network storage capabilities and requ