Like many College students, I was dedicated to find an Internship seeking skills
for a new Business Management and Finance career. I believe it will provide me the
opportunities to gain experience in my field, determine that I have strong int
LEGAL HERITAGE AND THE
1) The law in the United States has been influenced by English, French, and Spanish law.
Topic: Pretrial Litigation Process
2) Many countries in Europe still follow the civil law system.
INTENTIONAL TORTS AND
1) Injuries suffered as a result of a tort may include past and future medical expenses.
Topic: Intentional Torts Against Persons
2) Punitive damages can be recovered in strict liability and intentio
COURT SYSTEMS AND
1) General jurisdiction trial courts can be found in every state.
Topic: The State Court Systems
2) An inferior court is also known as a limited jurisdiction trial court.
CAPACITY AND LEGALITY
1) The most prevalent age of majority for contractual purposes in the United States is 18 years of
age for both males and females.
2) In most states, if a minor misrepresents her age when enterin
1) With mutual assent between the parties, there is no contract.
2) The offeree has the power to create a contract by accepting the offer.
3) The making of an offer
1) Sandra accepts an out of court settlement in exchange for dropping a lawsuit. The settlement
agreement is supported by consideration in the form of forbearance of a legal right.
STATUE OF FRAUDS AND
1) The primary purpose of the Statute of Frauds is to ensure that the terms of important contracts
are not forgotten, misunderstood, or fabricated.
Topic: Statute of Frauds - Writing Requir
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW FOR
BUSINESS AND E-COMMERCE
1) The Articles of Confederation gave no power to the federal government to levy and collect
taxes or to regulate commerce.
Topic: Basic Constitutional Concepts
2) Our country's form of
1) The basis of much of the federal government's regulation of food and drug products is the
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938.
Topic: Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Safety
2) The FDA has th
1) The Environmental Protection Agency can initiate proceedings in court against suspected
violators of federal environmental laws.
Topic: Environmental Protection
2) The Environmental Prote
1) Businesses organized in the United States are subject to the laws of other countries in which
Topic: Law and Ethics
2) All ethical standards have been enacted as law.
1) Administrative agencies have been referred to as the fourth branch of government.
Topic: Government Regulation
2) The FCC and the FAA both regulate specific industries.
1) Corporate shareholders do not have the right to vote on mergers and charter amendments.
Topic: Proxy Solicitation
2) The Securities and Exchange Commission has no authority to
1) The SEC is composed of five members who are appointed by the President.
Topic: The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
2) The Securities and Exchange Commission was create
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND
THE SARBANES-OXLEY ACT
1) Shareholders own the corporation.
2) Corporations are required to hold annual shareholders' meetings.
3) A special shar
1) The Robinson-Patman Act was the first antitrust law enacted in the United States.
Topic: Federal Antitrust Laws
2) The first antitrust laws were passed in the late 1800s.
1) Real property can become personal property if it is removed from the land.
Topic: Personal Property
2) Stock certificates are tangible personal property.
Topic: Personal Propert
1) The surface rights and the subsurface rights for the same parcel of real property can be owned
by two different persons.
Topic: Real Property
2) In theory, mineral rights to land can extend to the center of the eart
1) In order to be a certified public accountant, an accountant must have attained a minimum
number of years of auditing experience.
Topic: Public Accounting
2) A person who is not certified as an accountant is
1) Wills transfer property upon a person's death.
2) In general, a will must be in writing to be effective.
3) Dying intestate means dying without a will.
1) At the international level, there is one single international world court responsible for
enforcing and interpreting international law, and there is a world executive branch to enforce
1) The McCarran-Ferguson Act provides that insurance is regulated by the states.
2) Insurance companies are not exempt from the federal antitrust laws.
3) An insuran
1) A tenant's interest in the property is a nonfreehold estate.
Topic: Landlord-Tenant Relationship
2) An oral lease with a 6-month term is generally enforceable.
NATURE OF TRADITIONAL AND
1) The person who makes an offer to enter into a contract is the "offeree."
Topic: Definition of a Contract
2) The fact that a contract is legally enforceable means that the police can be call
1) At common law, the courts recognized an action for breach of a promise to marry.
Topic: Premarriage Issues
2) The modern rule with respect to broken marriages and who gets to keep an engagement ring is
the fault rule.
1) The LLC is a separate legal entity distinct from its members.
Topic: Limited Liability Company (LLC)
2) The Uniform Limited Liability Company Act only covers problems th
1) Corporations are the most dominant form of business organization in the United States.
Topic: Nature of the Corporation
2) A corporation can sue or be sued in its own name.
FORMATION OF SALES AND
1) Article 2 of the UCC applies to transactions in goods.
Topic: Scope of Article 2 (Sales)
2) The common law of contracts governs if either Article 2 or Article 2A is silent on the issue.
SALES AND LEASE
1) It is not necessary to use formal words such as "warrant" or "guarantee" in order to create an
Topic: Express Warranties
2) Intent is necessary in order to create an express warranty.