Like many College students, I was dedicated to find an Internship seeking skills
for a new Business Management and Finance career. I believe it will provide me the
opportunities to gain experience in my field, determine that I have strong int
INTENTIONAL TORTS AND
1) Injuries suffered as a result of a tort may include past and future medical expenses.
Topic: Intentional Torts Against Persons
2) Punitive damages can be recovered in strict liability and intentio
LEGAL HERITAGE AND THE
1) The law in the United States has been influenced by English, French, and Spanish law.
Topic: Pretrial Litigation Process
2) Many countries in Europe still follow the civil law system.
CAPACITY AND LEGALITY
1) The most prevalent age of majority for contractual purposes in the United States is 18 years of
age for both males and females.
2) In most states, if a minor misrepresents her age when enterin
1) With mutual assent between the parties, there is no contract.
2) The offeree has the power to create a contract by accepting the offer.
3) The making of an offer
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW FOR
BUSINESS AND E-COMMERCE
1) The Articles of Confederation gave no power to the federal government to levy and collect
taxes or to regulate commerce.
Topic: Basic Constitutional Concepts
2) Our country's form of
1) Sandra accepts an out of court settlement in exchange for dropping a lawsuit. The settlement
agreement is supported by consideration in the form of forbearance of a legal right.
STATUE OF FRAUDS AND
1) The primary purpose of the Statute of Frauds is to ensure that the terms of important contracts
are not forgotten, misunderstood, or fabricated.
Topic: Statute of Frauds - Writing Requir
1) Businesses organized in the United States are subject to the laws of other countries in which
Topic: Law and Ethics
2) All ethical standards have been enacted as law.
1) Administrative agencies have been referred to as the fourth branch of government.
Topic: Government Regulation
2) The FCC and the FAA both regulate specific industries.
1) Corporate shareholders do not have the right to vote on mergers and charter amendments.
Topic: Proxy Solicitation
2) The Securities and Exchange Commission has no authority to
1) The SEC is composed of five members who are appointed by the President.
Topic: The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
2) The Securities and Exchange Commission was create
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND
THE SARBANES-OXLEY ACT
1) Shareholders own the corporation.
2) Corporations are required to hold annual shareholders' meetings.
3) A special shar
1) The LLC is a separate legal entity distinct from its members.
Topic: Limited Liability Company (LLC)
2) The Uniform Limited Liability Company Act only covers problems th
1) Corporations are the most dominant form of business organization in the United States.
Topic: Nature of the Corporation
2) A corporation can sue or be sued in its own name.
1) One advantage of franchising is that the different franchise outlets can have similar quality
2) Typically a franchisee is a subsidiary of the franchisor.
1) The Environmental Protection Agency can initiate proceedings in court against suspected
violators of federal environmental laws.
Topic: Environmental Protection
2) The Environmental Prote
1) The basis of much of the federal government's regulation of food and drug products is the
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938.
Topic: Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Safety
2) The FDA has th
1) The Robinson-Patman Act was the first antitrust law enacted in the United States.
Topic: Federal Antitrust Laws
2) The first antitrust laws were passed in the late 1800s.
1) Real property can become personal property if it is removed from the land.
Topic: Personal Property
2) Stock certificates are tangible personal property.
Topic: Personal Propert
1) A tenant's interest in the property is a nonfreehold estate.
Topic: Landlord-Tenant Relationship
2) An oral lease with a 6-month term is generally enforceable.
1) The McCarran-Ferguson Act provides that insurance is regulated by the states.
2) Insurance companies are not exempt from the federal antitrust laws.
3) An insuran
1) At the international level, there is one single international world court responsible for
enforcing and interpreting international law, and there is a world executive branch to enforce
1) Wills transfer property upon a person's death.
2) In general, a will must be in writing to be effective.
3) Dying intestate means dying without a will.
1) At common law, the courts recognized an action for breach of a promise to marry.
Topic: Premarriage Issues
2) The modern rule with respect to broken marriages and who gets to keep an engagement ring is
the fault rule.
1) In order to be a certified public accountant, an accountant must have attained a minimum
number of years of auditing experience.
Topic: Public Accounting
2) A person who is not certified as an accountant is
1) The surface rights and the subsurface rights for the same parcel of real property can be owned
by two different persons.
Topic: Real Property
2) In theory, mineral rights to land can extend to the center of the eart
1) An agent has a duty to notify the principal of information he or she learns from a third party if
that information is important to the principal.
Topic: Agent's Duty of Lo
1) Employment law is a mixture of contract law, agency law and government regulation.
Topic: Employment at Will
2) Most employees are considered at-will employees.
1) Prior to the Industrial Revolution, employees and employers had similar bargaining power.
Topic: Labor Law
2) Today, approximately 72 percent of private sector wage and salary workers belong to u