Week 5 Assignment
Multiple Choice Q 1 to 5
1. Which of the following statements is correct? Ans is D. None of the above statements is correct
2. Which of the following is not a valid constraint type? Ans is A. PRIMARY KEYS
Review Test Submission: Exam 1
16WN-IT330-44 - DATABASE MANAGEMENT
1/29/16 7:13 AM
1/29/16 8:43 AM
Attempt Score 86 out of 100 points
1 hour, 30 minutes out of
Week 2 Assignment
2. What are the two required clauses for a SELECT statement? Answer is The two required clauses for
a SELECT statement are; Select and from.
4. What does an asterisk (*) in the SELECT clause of a S
It is said that NoSQL systems are also sometimes called "Not only SQL" which stresses that they may
support SQL-like query languages.
As for Oracle NoSQL, it offers a flexible amount of operation protection that can range from
acknowledging the data is st
Hadoop is an open-source software that stores data and running applications on clusters of product
hardware. Hadoop provides massive storage for any kind of data, it has massive processing power and
the ability to handle practically limitless simul
Week 3 Assignment
1. Which of the following is a correct statement? Answer is C. A table can contain a maximum of
2. Which of the following is a valid SQL statement? Answer is C. CREATE TABLE newtable AS
Week 12 Assignment
1. Whats the difference between a single-row subquery and a multiple-row subquery?
A single-row subquery can return only one row of results; a multiple-row subquery can return
several rows of resu
Week 7 Assignment
1. Which of the following SQL statements isn't valid?
ANS is A.
SELECT address | city | state | zip "Address" FROM customers
WHERE lastname = 'SMITH';
2. Which clause is used to restrict rows or perf
Week 10 Assignment
1. Why are functions in this chapter referred to as single-row functions?
The reason is because these functions return one row of results for each record processed
2. Whats the differenc
Week 8 Assignment
1. Which of the following queries creates a Cartesian join?
Answer is D
all of the above
2. Which of the following operators is not allowed in an outer join?
Answer is C
3. Which of the following
Review Test Submission: Midterm Exam
16WN-IT330-44 - DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
3/6/16 11:18 AM
3/6/16 12:48 PM
28 out of 99.75
Week 11 Assignment
1. Explain the difference between single-row and group functions.
Group functions return one result per group of rows processed, whereas single-row functions
return one row of results for each rec
1) Which of the following have affected the way businesses use computing systems to
meet the demand of the competitive marketplace?
A) GUI evolutions
B) Networking advances
C) Communication changes
D) All of the above
2) Which of the following is a compon
Your Name: Sol
1 A data model is a notation for describing data or information. What are the three
components of a data model?
Structure, operations on data, constraints.
2 What is the structure of a relational model? What is the schema of
1) In the problem 2 of quiz 3, we claim that for relation R(A,B,C,D) with FDs B->C and
B->D, it can be determined that the key for the relation R is AB. Please justify the claim.
Sol: we need to prove that AB is a superkey (condit
For Project 1 ONLY, you may choose between submitting hard copy in class (handwritten OR
typed) OR submit softcopy (in WORD OR PDF format) through Blackboard.
The deadline is 02/28/2012 before class (two weeks from the time being assigned).
Project 2 (The weight of this project is 15% out of 40%)
Descriptions: using your knowledge on SQL and PHP database programming, project2 requires
importing two datasets into MySQL and perform various queries to obtain better understanding of
CSC33600 Sec P Exam 3
Part 1: Multiple Choiceslchoose ONLY one answer for each question, 4 points each)
1 Which of the following component is NOT part of a trigger?
A) ACTION '
2) Which of the following
Project 3 (The weight of this project is 15% out of 40%)
Descriptions: MTA has published a set of transit related data (http:/www.mta.info/developers/download.html) that is crucial to
understand how public transit resources in NYC are being used. Among th
Quiz5 (Take home, submit through Blackboard by 11:59pm 05/19/2011)
1 In relation Doctor(SSN, Name, Degree), add a simple attribute-based check: the Degree
of a doctor has to be either MD or PH.D.
2 In relation Person (SSN, State, Name)
1) According to the definition in Slide #16 of Lecture 11, for a given FD A1A2AnB,
if B is in cfw_A1A2An+, we say FD A1A2AnB follows from S where S is the set of
FDs for R . Consider a relation with schema R(A,B,C,D) and FDs S=cf
Your Name: Sol
1 What are the operations in the CORE relational algebra, in addition to union,
intersection, and difference? List at least three and provide their mathematical notations.
Selection: R1 := C (R2)
Projection R1 := L (R2)
Lecture 11: Entity-Relationship Model
Instructor: Jianting Zhang
Department of Computer Science
City College of New York
Some slides adopted from Prof. Jeffrey D. Ullman class at Stanford