Review Sheets for Chap. 1
1. According to the kinetic-molecular theory of matter, particles in a gas
a) are far apart from each other, but they are confined to specific positions.
b) are packed closely together like solids, but they are not confined to sp
Review Sheets for Chapter 2
1. Rank the subatomic particles from least to greatest mass.
a. electron mass = proton mass = neutron mass
b. electron mass = neutron mass < proton mass
c. electron mass = proton mass < neutron mass
d. electron mass < proton ma
Review Sheet for Chapter 3
1.When propane undergoes complete combustion, the products are carbon dioxide and water.
_ C3H8(g) + _ O2(g) _ CO2(g) + _ H2O(g)
What are the respective coefficients when the equation is balanced with the smallest whole numbers?
Review Sheet - Chapter IV
1. Iron reacts with oxygen to produce iron(III) oxide.
4 Fe(s) + 3 O2(g) 2 Fe2O3(s)
If 3.2 moles of Fe react with excess O2, how many moles of Fe2O3 can be formed?
a. 1.6 mol
b. 2.4 mol
c. 3.2 mol
d. 4.3 mol
e. 6.4 mol
2. The com
Review Sheet for Chapter V
1. Which one of the following statements is INCORRECT?
a. Energy is neither created nor destroyed in chemical reactions.
b. Kinetic energy is the energy that results from an objects position.
c. Exothermic processes transfer hea
Review Sheets for Chapter XX.I
1. Assuming the following reaction proceeds in the forward direction,
3 Sn4+(aq) + 2 Cr(s) 3 Sn2+(aq) + 2 Cr3+(aq)
a. Sn (aq) is the reducing agent and Cr(s) is the oxidizing agent.
b. Cr(s) is the reducing agent and Sn2+