The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, 9e (Mishkin) Global Edition
Chapter 5 The Behavior of Interest Rates
5.1 Determinants of Asset Demand
1) Pieces of property that serve as a store of value are called
B) units of account.
1.If the nominal interest increases, then:
the money supply increases.
the money supply decreases.
the demand for money increases.
the demand for money decreases.
2.Consider the money demand function th
February 21, 2017
1.Assume that total output consists of 4 apples and 6 oranges and that apples cost $1
each and oranges cost $0.50 each. In this case, the value of GDP is:
10 pieces of fruit.
ECO 301- MIDTERM 2
April 7, 2017
Total Points = 2 x 25 = 50
1.An open economy is one in which:
the level of output is fixed.
government spending exceeds revenues.
the national interest rate equals the world interest rate.
Practice Questions _Chapter 6
1. A country's exports may be written as equal to:
A) GDP minus consumption minus investment minus government spending.
B) GDP minus consumption of domestic goods and services minus investment of
domestic goods and services m
1. What is the present value of $500.00 to be paid in two years if the interest rate is 5 percent?
2. The concept of _ is based on the common-sense notion that a dollar pai
Practice Questions 8
1) Financial intermediaries' low transaction costs allow them to provide _ services that
make it easier for customers to conduct transactions.
2) How does a mutual fu
Practice Questions Chapter 9
1) Which of the following are reported as liabilities on a bank's balance sheet?
B) checkable deposits
C) consumer loans
D) deposits with other banks
2) Which of the following are reported as liabilities
Practice Questions - Chapter 19
1) The quantity theory of money is a theory of how
A) the money supply is determined.
B) interest rates are determined.
C) the nominal value of aggregate income is determined.
D) the real value of aggregate income is determ
ECO210 Money and Banking
1. Introduction to Money and Financial System
Prof. Sagiri Kitao
Outline of todays lecture
Administrative issues and syllabus
Some basic definitions used in the course
Topic 1: Introduction t
Practice Questions _ Chapter 8
1.The Solow growth model describes:
how output is determined at a point in time.
how output is determined with fixed amounts of capital and labor.
how saving, population growth, and techno