Phenolphthalin Control Tests
Result Upon adding PH
Result upon adding H2O2
Leuco-Malachite Green Control Tests
Result Upon adding LMG
1. The density of mercury is 13.5939 g/cm3. Calculate the mass in kilograms of a drum full of mercury with the
following dimensions: height = 1.100 meters, diameter = 0.492 meters. Assume pi has a value of 3.14.
2.84 x 103 kg
2. After doing a calculation
Carbon with water:
The powder had little on the top, but most powder was in the bottom, and the water
had not changed.
Carbon with HCI:
The water turned to black and powder had little in the bottom.
Iron (Steel wool)
1. Omega-3 is found in which foods?
2. Omega-3 is used to treat which conditions?
3. How much fish (in oz) is needed to have 2 g of EPA + DHA per day of the following fish:
Atlantic farmed salmon
Atlantic wild salmon
4. Does e
1. Which of the following species would be expected to be paramagnetic?
2. Which of the following oxides would be expected to be most acidic?
3. Ionization energies can always be descri
1. What mass of Magnesium chloride must be dissolved in 200. mL of water to produce a 5.00 M solution?
(A) 95.0 g
(B) 47.5 g
(C) 190. g
(D) 200. g
(E) 5.00 g
2. If 12.35 g of Copper (II) Carbonate are reacted with 20.00 mL of 0.2000 M HCl, to produce 0.06
1. In which of the following are the intermolecular forces listed from weakest to strongest?
(A) dipole-dipole, London, hydrogen
(B) hydrogen, dipole-dipole, London
(C) London, dipole-dipole, hydrogen
(D) London, hydrogen, dipole-dipole
(E) hydrogen, Lond
1. What is the correct name for KClO3?
(A) Potassium Chloride
(B) Potassium Chlorate
(C) Potassium Chlorite
(D) Potassium Hypochlorite
(E) Potassium Perchlorate
2. What is the correct name for H2SO3?
(A) Sulfuric Acid
(B) Sulfurous Acid
(C) Persulfic acid
Answer each question as fully as you can (2-3 sentences minimum). All
questions can be answered using the textbook, but if you use other sources,
you must reference them. Do not use first person in any responses.
You are NOT permitted to work in groups! T