Which letter designates the electron orbiting the nucleus?
A or B
Which letter designates the proton in the nucleus?
A or B
Is the electron positively or negatively charged?
Is the proton positively or negatively charged?
The electrical interaction bet
1.An apple that has a mass of 0.1 kilogram has the same mass wherever it is.
The amount of matter that makes up the apple _
A. depends upon B. does not depend upon
the location of the apple. It has the same resistance to acceleration wherever it is - its
Which bottle is the most stable?
Which bottle is the least stable?
Which bottle has neutral stability?
Discuss with your neighbor the direction of each weight vector and then decide which truck will tip over
Which requires more work to t
1. Light from a flashlight shines on a mirror and illuminates one of the cards. Draw the reflected
beam to indicate the illuminated card.
Which card would you see?
2. A periscope has a pair of mirrors in it. Draw the light path from the object to the eye
1. How much current flows in a 1000-ohm resistor when 1.5 volts are impressed across it?
2. If the filament resistance in an automobile headlamp is 3 ohms, how many amps does it draw when connected to a
3. The resistance of the side light
Many power companies provide power to cities that are far from the generators.
A. Consider a city of 100,000 persons who each use continually use 120 W of power (equivalent
to the operation of two 60-W light bulbs per person). The power constantly consume
1.A boy hits a 0.05-kg golf ball, giving it a speed of 75 m/sec.
What impulse did he deliver to the ball?
If the duration of impact is 0.01 seconds, what was the average force of impact?
2.During an automobile crash test, a 1000 kg car is sent towards a c
1. Fill in the lines, writing in the values of velocity components ascending, and you calculate
resultant velocities descending ?
2.A child tosses a second ball along the dashed path. The velocity vector, complete with its
1.Carefully count the number of wavelengths (same as the number of wave crests) along the
following paths between the slits and the screen.
The number of wavelengths between slit A and point a equals
The number of wavelengths between slit B and point a eq
1.You're in a car at a traffic light. The light turns green and the driver "steps on the gas."
a. Your body lurches
B. not at all.
b. The car accelerates
B. not at all.
c. The force on the car acts
1. This first figure shows "Newton's Mountain," so high that its top is above the drag of the atmosphere. The
cannonball is fired and hits the ground as shown.
Describe its path as the cannon is fired faster and faster, but still less than 8 km/s.
1. Consider a balloon filled with 1 liter of water (1000 cm3) in equilibrium in a container of water.
a. What is the mass of the 1 liter of water?
b. What is the weight of the 1 liter of water?
c. What is the weight of water displaced by the balloon?
1. A pair of toy cart wheels are rolled obliquely from a smooth surface onto two plots of grass - a rectangular plot as
shown at the left, and a triangular plot as shown at the right. The ground is on a slight incline so that after slowing
down in the gra