1. Provide a review of three things you learned from your reading from the text (This should show that you
really read the text and thought critically about it.)
- It was interesting to realize the impact that philosophy has on determining a schools curri
Provide an overview with explanation of three main items that you read in this chapter that you
did not know. Explain their relevance to your current position.
It was alarming to discover that there is a difference between education and schooling.
1. What are the main sources of curriculum design? Which of these do you think is most important in
today's environment? Provide support from your reading.
The main sources of curriculum design are science, society, moral doctrine, knowledge, and the
1. How can "capacity building" facilitate curriculum implementation? AND provide an example
from your own experience to support this.
Ornstein and Hunkins (2013) believed that curriculum designers must provide sufficient
support and maintenance upon facil
1. Which curriculum model-technical-scientific or nontechnical-nonscientific-do you believe has
greater relevance in the twenty-first century? Explain your answer based on your own
professional experience and your reading of the text.
I believe that the t
1. Explain why it is important to know curriculum's historical foundations. AND What value do you give to a
historical sense of curriculum. In your explanation, provide professional application.
It is important to know curriculums historical foundations
2. Project 2. My suggestion is that you use this week to work on reading Curriculum 21
and preparing your memo for the assignment. Your memorandum is due to me via
email on July 4. As I have stated in the past, this is a fun and somewhat creative
1. How should an educator use the information about various types of thinking? Be thorough in your
Psychology is the scientific study of mental functions and behavior, including perception,
cognition, behavior, emotion, personality, and interper
a. Thoroughness of Post (advance discussion, bring in additional information and
literature, cite the textbook , post questions that advance the discussion, respond to
questions by peers and the instructor, support your position with content from the text