1. Draw a neuron and label the axon, dendrite, and nerve cell body along with
the Nissl bodies and axon hillock.
2. Draw a unipolar neuron and label the parts.
3. Describe the function of an astrocyte, an ependymal cell and an
Objectives: Muscle physiology
1.Outline the composition of skeletal muscle, including the arrangement of contractile proteins in the
2.Describe the structure of myosin.
3.Describe the structure of actin.
4.List the steps for the molecular basis
1. Define histology, tissue and organs
2. Describe the embryonic germ layers and give examples of the tissues that derive from
3. Describe how you would prepare a tissue for histological study.
4. List the four main types of tissue.
1.Outline the composition and function of bone
2.Compare long, short and flat bones
3.Sketch a long bone, labeling compact and spongy bone, marrow cavity, articular
cartilage and periosteum.
5.Compare the functio
Review concepts: Introduction to the human body
1. Define anatomy and describe the nature of different topics in anatomy.
2. Define physiology and describe the main focus of physiology.
3. Describe the principle of complementarity of structure and functio
Endocrine Review concepts
1. Locate and label endocrine tissues
2. Describe the role of the hypothalamus in regulating pituitary function. Name the
3. Make a Table listing the hormones of the anterior and posterior pituitary along with
Cells: review sheet
1. What are the main concepts contributing to the modern cell theory?
2. How may cells be viewed? Briefly compare the resolution capabilities of the light and electron
3. Describe the composition and function of the plasma
Describe the functions of the spinal cord
Name the meninges
Compare the effects of poliomyelitis, shingles and spinal bifida on the CNS
Describe the basic anatomy of the reflex arc
What is the myotati