Anatomy & Physiology I
Chapter 1: The Human Organism
I. Anatomy: The study of the bodys structure and the relationship between the structure
(of a body part) and its function.
A. Developmental anatomy- structural changes that occur between conception and
Chapter 2: The Chemical Basis of Life
Matter, Mass, and Weight
1) Matter is anything that occupies space and has mass.
2) Mass is the amount of matter in an object.
3) Weight is the gravitational force acting on an objects mass.
Chapter 4: Tissues and Histology
Tissues- collections of specialized cells. The noncellular substance that surround the cell
is extracellular matrix.
Histology- microscopic study of tissues
Biopsy- process of removing tissue samples for diagnostic purpose
Chapter 5: Integumentary System
Integumentary System: Consists of the skin, hair, nails, and glands. Functions include:
1) Protection- skin is a boundary, reduces water loss and protects from abrasion
and UV light.
2) Sensation- has receptors that can det
Chapter 7: Skeletal SystemGross Anatomy
Average skeleton contains 206 bones. The features of these bones involve the
relationship between the bones and associate soft tissues. For example:
Tubercle (lump)/process (projection)- ligament or tendon was prob
Chapter 6: Skeletal SystemBONES AND BONE TISSUE
Components of the skeletal system: 1) bones
1. Support- bones can bear weight, cartilage provides firm, flexible support and ligaments
(bands of fibrous c
-C_L- new york > bronx > jobs > sciencefbiotech
[ account ] post ‘
Posted: a day ago
Lab Technician — Inks and Coatings (Bronx, NY) Ci]
Title: Lab Technician
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Company: Polytex Environmental In