Chapter 2: Money and the Monetary System
1. Historically, which of the following has been a reliable surplus economic unit?
b. Federal government
c. State and local governments
2. Money was first developed to
Chapter 7: Savings and Investment Process
1. _ is a nations output of goods and services achieved over a specified period of
time, such as one year.
a. Net exports of goods and services
c. Government expenditures including gross investment
Chapter 1: The Financial Environment
1. _ is the study of how individuals, institutions, governments, and businesses
acquire, spend, and manage money and other financial assets.
b. business career
2. Financial instit
Chapter 8: Interest Rates
1. The basic price that equates the demand for and the supply of loanable funds in the financial
markets is the _.
a. rate of inflation
b. equilibrium rate
c. interest rate
d. capital interest rate
2. The fourth period of declini
Chapter 3: Banks and Other Financial Institutions
1. _ is the process by which individual savings are accumulated in depository
institutions where the funds are then loaned out to consumers or invested in businesses.
Chapter 5: Policy Makers and the Money Supply
1. Our countrys economic policy actions are directed toward all of these general goals except
a. economic growth
b. high employment
c. price stability
d. balance in international trade and othe
Chapter 4: Federal Reserve System
1. The Federal National Mortgage Association and Government National Mortgage Association
a. issue mortgages directly to consumers.
b. provide assistance on down payments to help consumers get into the hou
Case Name: (PRODUCT) RED
Homework Chapter 3:
1. Discuss the four components of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and how they
relate to a charitable campaign such as (Product) RED. How does participation in a
Case Name: Disney
Homework Chapter 2:
1. Do a brief market opportunity analysis for Disney, identifying the major
markets that Disney has expanded into.
a. 1) Disneys ability to broker a deal with Pixar to renew its animation
The name of the company Ive chosen to write about is GlaxoSmith-Kline. GlaxoSmithKline is a Pharmaceutical company with its global headquarters in Brentford, England, and its
U.S headquarters in North Carolina. GlaxoSmith-Kline agreed to