The Mole Practice Quiz
1. The number of atoms in a mole of any pure substance is called
a) its atomic number
b) Avogadro's number
c) Its mass number
d) Its isotopic number
2. The atomic number of oxygen is 8. The atomic number of sulfur is 16. Compared wi
Chem 106 Review for Exam 2.
1. Which atom attains a stable valence electron configuration by bonding with another atom?
2. The symbol for iron is: A) Ir
B) alkaline earth metal C) transition metal
Chem 106 Exam 1 Review Questions. DATA SECTION is included after the questions.
1. Which of the following is a homogeneous mixture?
(c) carbon dioxide
2. Which of the following is a pure substance?
(a) ice cream